“Consistently amazing food, service, and value!”
Review of Red Mezze

Red Mezze
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Turkish Restaurant Serving Halal Cold And Hot Mezzes, Bbq Dishes, Meat, Fish And Vegetarian Dishes, Turkish Desserts, Tea And Coffees.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Me and my friends have been regularly meeting up for meals for years now, but after we discovered Red Mezze, we haven't been anywhere else! We are always greeted with such a warm welcome from the staff (they even remember us every time we come back!), and the place absolutely cannot be faulted on atmosphere, it's such a lovely, warm environment to be in. We usually get a hot mezze platter, and a cold one too, to share between us, and even for quite a large group, it's more than enough for all of us! For the main meal, I usually get the mixed grill, which is always fantastic! Nowhere else that I know of actually barbecues their meat, and the result is amazing! Nothing like it I've tasted anywhere else! It's cooked beautifully, and the flavours are to die for! Also, I'm not a big salad person, but the salad here is so fresh and tasty, and it has such a lovely dressing too. And the desserts are indescribable, we ordered baklava, and it is absolutely incredible, it's apparently a traditional Turkish dessert, and you can't beat it! Another bonus - we usually order a few bottles of the red and white house wine to share, because it's so cheap, and it's so nice, and rich, it's win win! Would obviously recommend Red Mezze to everyone! Such good value, amazing food, and lovely service!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited this place with a group of friends. We were forced to makes a booking at 5:30 p.m. instead of 6:30 as we were told they were fully booked on a Wednesday night! This was not true and even when we finished, the restaurant was not yet full.
Although we had booked, when we arrived our table was no where near ready and the waiter tried to make 6 of us seat on a bench designed for 4! When I pointed out that there is not enough space for 6 adult gentleman to seat there, the waiter , with a very rude tone, replied that this is temporary and he is waiting for the next table to finish then he would join the tables, I don't know why they couldn't keep up with their booking system.
Our Food arrived about an hour after ordering, however it was very nice. The mixed kebab, Iskender, and Fish all were cooked to perfection and seasoned well.
The food in this restaurant is very nice but the service is crap.

1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was really disappointed with this restaurant, I've read really good reviews about it and it was recommended by few friends.

I ordered a Grill Lamb Kebab, the meat had a very bad smell to it, as it wasn't fresh at all! the meat was very pink and chewy. despite that I like my meat rare, but this one was pretty disgusting ! I asked the waiter if they could cook my food again but they refuse it, I also ask them why it has a very bad smell to it and they respond was " thats the way it should be".

I couldn't touch my food and I walked away, staffs didn't even bother to apologise or even offer to take my main off the bill!

Overall a very bad experience, definitely wont go back!

36  Thank Massa89
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went to red mezze after driving past and then reading the reviews on trip advisor. Well what a hidden gem. Was nice to try something different - food was delicious and staff very friendly and chatty which is what we love. Great service. Lovely bars nearby too if you fancy a cocktail or two beforehand. Definitely will be returning sooner rather than later :)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Everytime we have been here it has always been faultless. The staff are great and friendly, food is awesome, restaurant is good and clean.