“avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Puccini
Ranked #336 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

well, after being recommended by a friend, me and my husband thought we would give it a try! it has to be one of the worst meals I have ever had!! starters weren't too bad, but main course was terrible! I had king prawns in a garlic sauce served on a bed of rice, the prawns were left with the black tube of poo in!! so I tried to eat the rest of meal but was put of completely, the waiter/waitress never done a check back on our meal, so I just never ate it! I then complained afterwards to the waiter who then said that they come like that, "it says on the menu" after speaking to another waitress about it, she then went and spoke to the chef who said because I had ate some of the other prawns they couldn't do anything about it!! disgusting really! As I know for a fact they should of! We will never be returning!! So please avoid!!

Newcastle
“Works night out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just had a works night out there should have been 20 of us but only 15 turned up. we had to put down a £100 deposit that would be taken off our bill (no problem so far) as there was 5 missing the extra table was removed so they could use it.
The food came and it was good value as we had the special (less than fiver) the garlic bead was a little dry but we did have a house white wine that was very good.
The only disappointing part was when the bill came and they still charged us £5 per person for those that did not attend even thou they were able to fill the extra table twice over.
The service was good and deserved a good tip that they would have received if they had not been that petty over the deposit.
might go as a couple again but would not recommend going as a big group.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Friendly restaurant, keen to help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We visit Puccini's regularly and it is a lovely little Italian restaurant hidden away down Pudding Chare! Friendly staff, always willing to accommodate when they can. Fills regularly so booking on a weekend advised!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish I'd read the reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Similar experiences as some previous reviewers. Worst Italian I've ever been to and rudest & most miserable staff and management. Perhaps they've all been working there too long? Everything seems a bit stale (including the food). A simple complaint, about the food was met with such an attitude from the manageress that we felt so embarassed that we were made to feel so uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Donald M
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“we were in on sunday 7th”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

great food, staff very freindly and I was suprise how busy for a sunday (match day) will defo be going back

Visited October 2012