“sushi is getting thinner”
Review of YO! Sushi

YO! Sushi
Order Online
Ranked #167 of 1,510 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The sushi is getting thinner and thinner. I have never seen such thin sushi before. Real sushi should be 2-3cm wide. This is about 1cm. As a Japanese person will not come back. Destroyed Japanese culture food.
I received an email earlier on. It said Jaunary sale,all the colour dishes should 1/3 off, but no sale at all on my bill. I think other people got the sale except me. Why treat people different? *******I am a regular customer.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (205)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brilliant lunchtime meal. Even the fact it was extremely busy, we didn't wait too long for a table.
Service and quality of food was spot on.

Date of visit: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
E5909JKjamesm, General Manager at YO! Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi! Thanks so much for the lovely review! We are always passionate about giving quality service and yummy meals. Hope to see you back at the belt soon!
- Kate :)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Had an amazing friendly server, Robin, who came to take our orders as soon as we pressed the “call” buttons and was very swift with the bill! Looking forward to visiting again!

Date of visit: January 2020
E5909JKjamesm, Owner at YO! Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review for our star waiter Robin! She was thrilled to hear you appreciated her efforts!
We're looking forward to serving you again soon!
- Kate :)

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

I would leave 0 stars if I could. The worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. We were seated and then ignored for 30 minutes, even with our light on to order. The girl serving in our section served people next to us and around us, people without their lights on, and even ignored us when we tried to speak to her. We left after 40 minutes without eating, and hadn’t even been offered drinks. It wasn’t even busy!

Date of visit: December 2019
James M, General Manager at YO! Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi, I am so sorry that you had such a negative experience at Yo! I would really like to get to the bottom of why this was allowed to occur. If you would email yo.graingerst@yosushi.com with any information you can remember, such as the date and time of your visit, I can investigate this further.
Many apologies once again.
-Kate

Reviewed December 20, 2019

I love coming here. It feels so laid back and the variety and quality of the sushi is just fantastic. Shout out to the chef Vanessa who was super fun and sweet to us during our visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank ASTAIN9
James M, General Manager at YO! Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2019

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. Vanessa is a total gem and is always eager to help out. I'll make sure your comments are passed on!
Have a great Christmas!