As it was my 21st my uncle decided to 'surprise' me and book me an apartment for the night but because of security reasons i had to use my card to pay it. Which in my eyes is a faf! So not really what you call a surprise, then i added 2 extra guests which was £50 which fair enough but the £50 deposit had already been payed but i got told the total to pay was £300 which by my calculations was wrong but clearly the person who dealt with the payment next day took the right amount of £250, when we got there to check in i was very impressed with it then Unfortuently when i tried to get dealt with a rude guest kept going on about how his key didn't work but anyway... Then the receptionist said so have you got your cash bundle? MY WHAT? £100 deposit? Not on anywhere on that website did it say ANYTHING about a £100 deposit and i couldn't even leave a bank card normally in hotels you can, luckily we had it between the 6 of us but left us short, obviously the next day we got the full amount back as we wasn't going to behave like a bunch of hooligans, the receptionist said 'we sent you e-mails and a letter' BUT it was only 2 weeks before that i gave my e-mail address over the phone how many times ive had to inform the staff my UNCLE had booked it, the room was lovely but in my eyes not worth it the beds however was fab! Comfiest ive ever slept in, a good choice of hot drinks, but 4 small cartons of milk between 6? Check out was fairly no problem had to wait a bit for someone to check our room for the return of the deposit, she asked if i had a good night which i thought was very nice, all in all i would 100% come back again, ... Maybe not in a group next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New to 2008, Kensington House Aparthotel is ideally located next to Jesmond Metro Station with easy access to Newcastle Centre and the airport. Set in the exclusive cosmopolitan Jesmond area, Kensington House Apartments offer stylish contemporary accommodation in a great setting. With a wide range of bars and restaurants on the doorstep and the city centre just minutes away, these two bedroom apartments are an ideal base for business and leisure travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Kensington House Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington House Aparthotel Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Kensington Hotel Aparthotel