The Aparthotel looks great from the outside and has a very nice foyer but the apartment we had was not so great. On the plus side it was clean and we could get into the apartment early on the day of our arrival. The staff also pre-ordered a taxi on the day we left. The apartment, however, was below ground and had one window to the outside world. We were there in summer and it was hot. The apartment my wife and I had, had two bedrooms but the second bedroom was locked - I guess this was fair enough, we didn't need it, it just seemed an unnecessary and unusual thing to do. The bedroom we had did have doors that opened onto a small patio, though we weren't given a key to the door. When I asked reception for a key they did give me one but it didn't work and the whole request seemed such a hassle for them I couldn't be bothered asking again.
We stayed 3 nights and the towels weren't changed. There was no where to dry the towels, as the towel drying rack did not work. When we asked for clean towels they were given, but not before the staff member delivering the towels asked to make sure the towel drying rack was indeed broken, which it was. The shower had gaffer tape on the bottom of the screen and the drains smelt (on our first day plumbers arrived to do some work, but there was a lingering smell). Some breakfast provisions were left for us but this included opened packets of croissants in the freezer. Staying here was part of a 10 week tour and this was one of the few places we stayed that didn't meet expectations. There are quite a few steps up into the hotel and for us quite a few steps down to the room, this could be a problem if you have any inability to carry bags. WiFi was available in the room but for an extra charge.
The area the hotel is located in, is a very pleasant area. There is a Waitrose supermarket, chemist and banks, a few blocks away but within walking distance and quite a lot of restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. We would recommend the Cherry Tree Restaurant also in Osbourne Rd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New to 2008, Kensington House Aparthotel is ideally located next to Jesmond Metro Station with easy access to Newcastle Centre and the airport. Set in the exclusive cosmopolitan Jesmond area, Kensington House Apartments offer stylish contemporary accommodation in a great setting. With a wide range of bars and restaurants on the doorstep and the city centre just minutes away, these two bedroom apartments are an ideal base for business and leisure travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kensington House Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington House Aparthotel Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Kensington Hotel Aparthotel