“Great location - a few niggles!”

Kensington House Aparthotel
Reviewed August 19, 2011

A really convenient location, easy walk into city centre or Jesmond. Apartment clean, plenty of space and reasonably quiet. Just a few little niggles that stopped me from giving a rating of 5. The mirrors were very poorly lit, making it difficult to put make up on. The internet signal in my apartment was so weak the connection kept dropping. There were no summer weight duvets available - the duvet supplied was too hot and a sheet was not warm enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
GillHall, General Manager at Kensington House Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review Kensington House Aparthotel all comments are helpful, We did have a problem with the internet whilst you were staying with us and hopefully this has been rectified, we will be purchasing some summer quilts for warmer nights, and we will look into the lighting in the bathrooms to see if this can be improved, we look forward to seeing you agin in the future. Kind regards Gillian Hall General Manager

There are newer reviews for Kensington House Aparthotel

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I am so lucky.My job allows me to stay at these wonderful apartments. I have stayed here on several occasions. The apartments are located near to the city centre (approx 10-15min walk or 1 stop on the nearby metro)There is also free on site parking. There is a warm, efficient welcoming receptionist when you arrive.
The apartments themselves are wonderful. All differently decorated in modern style and with all mod cons.The bathrooms are immaculate and the beds are comfy.Kitchen area has all things that you need and also there are supplies of teabags and coffee sachets.
the housekeeping service is excellent and good supplies of clean towels and fresh linen.Also an iron and ironing board are available.the bedroom has strorage area for your clothes and hairdryer is supplied as well.If you are having to work on your stay you can do that as the living area is spacious.
These would be suitable for families and weekend breaks.I would not hesitate to recommend these apartments.this is one of my favourite places to stay. i always relax here and feel safe.
The staff are helpful. Any problems just ask and they will deal with things for you.The only downside i can think off....there is no lift. so if you struggle with lifting your bags etc. i would book a ground floor or basement flat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
GillHall, General Manager at Kensington House Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Kensington House Aparthotel, we appreciate your feed back. We are glad you enjoy staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. Gillian Hall General Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Beautifully appointed & superbly located this apartment is amongst the best properties or hotels we have stayed in.
Well equipped, everything worked and the local suburb of Jesmond is quiet,but not bland with a real neighbourhood vibe. That said the fantastic city centre and quayside is a mere 15 minute walk away.
We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garyrussell118a
GillHall, General Manager at Kensington House Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Gillian Hall

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Have stayed in many aparthotels in both the UK and abroad and this is by far the best yet! From the helpful staff guiding me in when I got lost to the fixtures and furnishings everything was just how I would want it.

Room Tip: Perfect for the famous Osborne Road night out!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Kensington House Aparthotel, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future. Gillian Hall, General Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've just come back from a hen do in Newcastle. We went Friday and came home Sunday. The apartments were excellent, very clean and decorated beautifully. We had sky in the room, a big fridge all the gadgets you'd need in a kitchen, modern bathrooms and comfy beds with clean linen. I couldn't reccomend it enough - I'll definetely be going back and so will some of my friends! 10/10 from me :) x

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoJohnstone1982
GillHall, General Manager at Kensington House Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Guest thank you for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Gillian Hall General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2011

As I will be working in Newcastle for the next couple of months I wanted something a bit more home from home, but with flexibility of being able to book by single nights if I needed to. The Kensington House Aparthotel was recommended to me by colleagues and it was a great choice. 4* accommodation, in a great location, lots of bars and eateries within walking distance but not under your window to be noisy, with the option of lazing on the sofa watching TV etc whenever you fancy, or cooking up a full blown meal if you fancied it. For me it is really nice to not have to watch TV sitting on a bed, and to have more space, but with 24 hour reception service if you needed anything.

Staff are friendly and helpful and place is easy to find.

I have only 2 very minor qualms, the first being a girl I found that there wasn't much shelving space in the bathroom for make up and toiletries, and the lighting in the bathroom and bedroom isn't great so had to have a final check in day light before setting off for the day. The second is the tea and coffee weren't topped up, but a little supermarket is just down the road so not a major drama.

I would totally recommend this place and have booked my next few weeks already.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
GillHall, General Manager at Kensington House Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us at Kensington House, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to give us a lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Gillian Hall
Kensington House Aparthotel

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Myself and a colleague have been staying at the Kensington for over a year now. I can honestly say that not only is the accomation 1st class the staff and locale are also excellent. All amenties are close at hand with a Metro into the City less than 100 yards away. Breakfast at "Willis" and top class food at the Cherry Tree (just avoid the female Manageress) all and all a great venue.

Room Tip: Tesco Metro that opens at 6am close by