Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Ranked #931 of 1,331 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited 14th Dec 2013. The food was not up to standard at all, was served warm and it look a long time to delivered due to the service being extremely slow. Far too expensive for what you actually get. I won't be dining here again. Appears to be a complete lack of management in this restaurant.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I went with my shop on Xmas night out organised through head office, and we were made to have the '£19.50 Xmas 3 course menu' (+free drink)

The menu is very limited and the drink menu doesn't even have soft drink like coke OR a pint of lager on.
We had paid for 10 people but only 6 turned up and they wouldn't give us any extras. I don't blame the staff they were canny but DO NOT DO THIS MENU OPTION, for the same price you can have 2 courses of waaaay Better food. All 5 of my work mates were disappointed too.
The only decent thing on the starters was chicken wings, and they had ran out!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We wanted to give Frankie's another chance, after two disappointments in Chesterfield's branch. Drinks very slow coming. Menu overpriced and unexciting. Lasagna had to be sent back for being burnt...the white roll burnt too...and the white roll of bread, worth 10 pence , was sols to us at 3 quid ! This is NOT authentic Italian food. When the better Lasagna arrived, it was bogstandard frozen fare. Never saw a Chef. How can they do this for the price. My chicken was really good - but the chips were so flat and lukewarm, lifeless. Is there no Quality Service Controller at Frankie's, to make sure nothing leaves the Kitchen that does not look mouthwatering and superb. My distinct impression was that this Frankie and Benny was living on past glory days, if there ever was glory. Go elsewhere with your £30 ( one course each ! )

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I took my girlfreind for a late breaky and the place was not really busy their was 5 floor staff and 3 in the kitchen and we waited 10 mins for a member of staff to sit us down 20 mins to order and 20 mins for food,

the food was ok at nest and the service was shocking

was not impressed at all felt like a cattlle market

1  Thank thebabydragon
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Me, wife and two teenaged daughters went here on Saturday morning for breakfast. My "Big Breakfast" and wife's "Vegetarian" were OK, but both daughters ordered pancakes with bacon and maple syrup...both had to be sent back as the pancakes were tough and cold and the bacon flabby. The waitress was very nice and brought out new pancakes - only to find that they were about the same - if a little hotter. Upon enquiry the waitress admitted that the pancakes were pre-made and not cooked to order - which I find amazing as they are so easy to cook fresh.

To be fair the restaurant knocked off the price of the pancakes - but it still spoiled what was supposed to be a nice family breakfast............oh - and the bottomless coffee was luke warm...God only knows how!!

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne also viewed

Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Cramlington, Northumberland

Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne? Share your experiences!