TripAdvisor

from $64.51
from $11.19
from $204.07
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic music experience at Loft Studios. The host, Rebecca was superb. She dealt with 15 quite rowdy 7 year old boys and girls. The hour long party was very well structured, with plenty to do. Even down to the leather sofas for parents to watch. You can buy extra CD’s, DVD’s and posters for reasonable prices. For a party with a difference, give this a go! All of the kids really enjoyed it and my daughter was so happy with her party!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We visited here today with my daughter, son and friends as a surprise birthday gift, I was so unsure but boy was I wrong, we were greeted downstairs as my mum who’s disabled needed to use the lift, she was escorted up with no complaints, we were greeted by Rebecca who ran through what the kids were going to do, it was a fabulous day from beginning to end and a nice surprise of a little dance at the end all the staff was fab and not phased by the loudness and excitement from the kids.
My two children have asd and it was very suitable highly highly recommended:)

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic time here! 14 adult female friends got together to record our own version of a song that we wanted to present to another friend as a surprise gift! Boy was he shocked!!! Thanks to Ellen, Jack and Brian for looking after us, can’t wait to see the DVD!
‘Rock Bottom’
X

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We have been today for my daughters 9th birthday. Was a fabulous experience. Girls loved every minute and I never stopped smiling. The staff were all lovely and welcoming. Would definitely recommend and will hopefully visit again. Thanks.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

The Pop Music Experience studios are located down a side street in a nondescript part of Newcastle's City centre. Located less than five minutes from the heart of the City and "Monument", the studio is hidden away up four floors and through a door next to a gym. As you enter through the door and make your way up the flights of stairs you are not quite sure what to expect if, like me, you have never been to a recording studio or anything like that before.

I buzzed in and was shown to a seating area whilst they set up the studio for my solo performance. Sitting in a quaint, quirky and slightly bohemian area with exposed brickwork and dimly lit lights, it is easy to feel whisked away to somewhere else more exotic than the centre of Newcastle.

I was shown into the recording booth by the sound engineer, who was a really nice guy and he set me up with my lyrics, headphones and mic. It is quite strange walking into the studio through what looks like someone's conservatory and then patio but exciting when you get to see the space where you record.

I openly admit that I cannot sing at all and work bought me the experience as a bit of a joke gift but I am so glad they did as it was brilliant. The whole hour long experience because it was so unlike something I had done before was so interesting, nerve wracking but exciting at the same time.

The staff make you feel welcome and put you at your ease straight away. There is no expectation that you will be brilliant (as I definitely wasn't) and not does anyone judge you if you absolutely destroy your choice of song.

You end up having a good old sing along that gets tweaked and edited to pull together the best bits before you get to walk away with your copy of your CD.

I have to say that this is one of the most enjoyable things I have done in my life so far and it will be something that I will be returning to in the future because it was brilliant.

If you live in Newcastle and want to do something different for either your own or your friend or colleague's Birthday; or maybe you are just curious about what it is like to be a professional singer for an hour, this may be worth giving a go. You may either discover a talent you never knew you had or, in my case, discover that the talent you thought you had was missing in abundance. Either way, you will have a laugh.

Date of experience: April 2017