The Georgian Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Angel Inn(Midhurst)
View Hotel
All reviewshigh streetspa facilitiesswimming poolmurder mysterylovely hotelan updatefunction roombirthday partywould stay againsunday lunchmember of stafflovely roomtea and coffeegoodwoodrobevenuesurrey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My daughter and her partner got married at the Georgian House Hotel on Saturday 14th November 2009. Extended family and friends almost took over the whole hotel for the weekend from Friday to Sunday. We cannot say enough about the hotel and it's staff. We were given superb service from every member of the staff from Sarah the wedding manager right down to the young man who cleaned our room. The bed was amazing, very comfortable and the shower was the talking point at breakfast - I want one! The room was very cosy, clean and comfortable. All the food we had over the weekend was beautifully cooked and presented. All in all our weekend was wonderful. I shall be writing in person to Sarah to thank her for all her hard work involving the wedding. We would definitely consider booking in again. Highly recommended.
Ann and Martin Fry

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I so needed to have a break from home - just my partner and me. Sent the children to the grandparents and checked into the Georgian House Hotel for the weekend. The room was cosy and warm, food tasty and well presented, the really friendly and efficient and very knowledgeable about their town. We spent Sunday morning using the Aqua Roma gym. The gym equipment is of high standard and the jet spa and swimming pool are of exceptionally high standard. The weekend ended with us having a well cooked Sunday Roast in their Squires Retaurant... which was a bit difficult for me as I had already overeaten at breakfast. Even though there was a wedding taking place in one of the function rooms our weekend experience was not disturbed at all. We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Bumped by Branksome Place into the Georgian Hotel (3 stars) which was not our choice. See other review where the Branksome has booked guests into this hotel. On entry the room smelled musty. After several weeks of hotels across Europe this was the dirtiest smelliest shower curtain of all! See low resolution pics. Black mould and smell too. Also black mould to room window. Bathroom extractor fan not working. The small bin under the sink was also broken. The room was not really habitable and for £59 the hotel can buy more that 10 shower curtains. No complaint or feedback form was provided on request. The room also needed a spring clean for dust and the shower head fitted correctly so it is correctly adjustable. The lack of a management room check (or an ineffective one) combined with these serious faults give our rating. We also decided to eat out and skip breakfast. It is a shame because the compact health center is very good and over the room features pretty good for the 3 stars on the hotel’s website. Parking was excellent for us. Putting aside the room probs Check in and Check out was fast and friendly. Along with many other hotels the construction of the rooms and the way the doors operative make for some noise when inconsiderate guests run around. The Pizza Express restaurant nearby is excellent and the Costa Coffee across the road very good too. We paid £10 (DeVere Offer, bumped) and DeVere paid £59 making £69 in total. Overall given the £10 cost to us we cannot complain too much however at full price a room change would be required straight away because when a room is like this it is 0 stars however the price paid should not be a factor for hotel standards. The Branksome should read TripAdvisor and when they say that they have booked us into a "four star" hotel they might be a little bit more careful. Ratings: cleanliness of room, not communal areas that were clean. Service rating falls because the issues of the room could have been followed up by phone the next day.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I visited the hotel with my friend for a spa break early in July this year for her birthday. The location was absolutely perfect as my friends husband was in hospital in Haslemere and it was important that we were nearby. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a similar break to anyone. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was excellent value for money. Although the gym and spa facilities are fairly small it was quite quiet while we were there and the spa staff were very attentive.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed April 26, 2009

The location of this hotel is great although Haslemere is a quaint oldie worldy town so don't expect nightclubs and entertainment. There are plenty of local restaurants and pubs in walking distance. The train station is about a 7 minute walk and the train links to Waterloo (50 mins) and Portsmouth (40 mins)are great.

The hotel is a pretty Georgian building but also has a rather modern and trendy leisure facility. Swimming pool, gym, sauna and jacuzzi.

The bar and restaurant staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable. I came away feeling I had made new friends.

Very nice visit.