I've reviewed Lythe Hill a number of times and on the back of previous stays I had decided to book my wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel. We managed to find a weekend where the hotel could accomodate us and our family and friends and went ahead.
The team at the hotel have been so supportive through the wedding planning process and on the day everything was executed smoothly.
Check in was simple and fast and everyone was checked in before the ceremony at 3pm and had chance to freshen up , change etc. This really means alot as experience has taught me that not all hotels can manage this!
The food throughout the event and the whole weekend that we stayed was just amazing. From reading some literature in the hotel I believe they now have 2 rosettes - which really shows. The wedding breakfast was amazing and everyone, without exception enjoyed their meals. Breakfast as ever was lovely. Good, fresh ingredients, cooked well and and presented nicely. A great buffet to choose from and good quality cooked items to choose from.
We stayed in the Tennyson suite which was lovely (we have stayed in this room before) but I'd like to mention a room that my parents stayed in. They stayed in "Goodwood" which looks rand new. Really nicely decorated, air conditioned and even had a small kitchen. A delightful walk in shower and the biggest bed I've ever seen. My parents offered to swap but we had a garden room... so no chance!
I'm disspoainted that we dont have a reason to return to the hotel in the near future but I am sure we will find a way. The staff are always so welcoming and friendly, they even remember our names. This is the beauty of staying in a smaller hotel rather than the big faceless chains around the UK.
I heartily reccomend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey, England