As a last minute decision (same day), given we have two young kids, we decided to break our trip down to Goodwood Festival of Speed with a stopover. A quick tripadvisor / Kayak scan and we found the Lythe Hill. Spoke directly and reserved a family room for £129.
On arrival (late 9:20pm), check in was easy, efficient and polite and we made our way to the room. Unbundled kids from car, assembled travel cot and placed eldest in sofa bed already made up by hotel.
The room was large suite, had separate lounge area, separate good size bathroom and large double master bedroom. So good value and gave us the space to not wake kids by putting on TV or when room service arrived. Furniture and decor was a little tired, but all round clean and comfortable.
Didn't try restaurant for evening meal (late + kids + felt overpriced); but room service menu was reasonable and food was good. Breakfast was good, with a lovely view.
Would stay at again and try spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey, England