Very nicely run hotel with beautiful indoor swimming pool.
Room was great and dinner was lovely. Buffet breakfast and cooked breakfast were both excellent.
Nice roaring fire in the lounge to have drinks by - the waitress had a unique way of making it roar - she threw candles on it!
Wi fi was free and worked. I hate it when hotels charge for it in this day and age!
We were only there for one night, but the next morning we were invited to stay after checkout and enjoy the swimming pool and spa for a few hours more. A nice gesture. The swimming pool is a lovely temperature and there is a spa bath and sauna. For the spartans amongst you there is a bucket full of cold water that tips over you with the pull of a cord...very refreshing after the sauna!
Perfect place for a romantic break.
The author of this review is a professional journalist and a hotelier. He is a former Travel Editor of a UK national newspaper and also owns Le Castel, a chateau hotel in Normandy, France, which specialises in all-inclusive family holidays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey, England