My girlfriend and I went to this hotel for a long romantic weekend before she moved abroad for work for 6 months. We were both extremely happy with our stay and were so glad we booked there.
When we booked the stay we arranged for a full-body massage each for just after arrival. This massage was so good that we immediately made a booking for another massage for our last day. This was also excellent. The price is extremely good value when compared to other spas in the area. There was a wide range of treatments on offer as well as unlimited use of the steam room, sauna and pool.
We stayed in one of the suites and the room was very nice (and very clean). I particularly liked the big fluffy dressing gowns. There were 2 televisions, one with the sofas and one facing the bed.
The only criticism is that the hallway and stairs in the main building do have the feel of a university halls of residence. However, the reception is lovely with a big log fire (and a very friendly receptionist).
The restaurant, which is in the old house, is traditionally wood panelled (I suggest that you look at the pictures on the website). There is another room with big old fashioned leather sofas next to a big log fire in this building. We retired for drinks here, sitting next to the fire, reading a book.
The food in the restaurant was first rate. The restaurant previously had 2 rosettes but has recently dropped to one rosette. Clearly the hotel wants to get this back as they have got a new chef who serves amazing food. There is a great mixture of traditional dishes (e.g. Scallops) along with some more unusual ones (for example mushroom panna cotta or terrine with toasted brioche). All the dishes used expensive ingedients and were delicious. We only ate there for 2 nights, yet there was a different menu on the second night. All the food was cooked perfectly and was extremely well presented. On the Saturday night a live pianist performed in the restaurant, which really added to the romantic mood.
The hotel is prefectly located for long walks in the countryside and they even provide a range of routes starting and finishing at the hotel. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and well worth exploring.
The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They were extremely friendly and very attentive. Whilst in the restaurant or spa you are well taken care of - the waiters were always very observant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the magnificent Tudor facade which greets guests on arrival, lies a luxury 4 star hotel like no other. Resting on the borders of Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex, Lythe Hill is an outstanding example of a luxury country house hotel that has never lost its old world sense of charm. With 46 individually designed bedrooms, gym, spa, health club and stunning restaurant, you can expect faultless service and total relaxation set within 22 acres of picturesque countryside. While Lythe Hill may be inspired by the past, it's certainly not confined by it. Blending historic features from 1475 with a cool contemporary atmosphere, guests truly have an abundance of experiences to indulge in. Our historic Tudor House consists of a bar and restaurant which offers a range of dishes with freshly prepared traditional cuisine. Our Head Chef and his dedicated team strive to deliver the freshest, high quality dishes. The Amarna Spa is inspired by Queen Nefertiti, whose name means "the beautiful one has arrived". The Spa was designed to reflect Nefertiti's desire for peace, tranquility and her passion for pampering. Offering a wide range of ESPA beauty therapy treatments, 16 metre swimming pool and whirlpool, steam room and sauna and fully equipped gym and tennis court. Making this the ideal place to wind down and renew your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lythe Hill Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel Haslemere
- Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa Haslemere, Surrey, England