“A Great Stay”
Review of Strathire

Strathire
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haslemere
Strathire
Ranked #6 of 7 Haslemere B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A Great Stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed with Malcolm and Joyce for a couple of nights last week (May 2013) and it was a lovely experience. They are very welcoming and hospitable, highly recommended if you need a place to stay !! Even though i had to leave early in morning, they made me a great breakfast roll to take with me on my travels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Spalt, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed with Joyce and Malcolm only for 2 nights in March 2013 but I was very impressed with the Accommodation and of course with Joyce and Malcolm who really made me feel at home. I enjoyed the little talks we had during Breakfast, Even though the weather could have been better (it snowed) I was still able to go for little walks that Malcolm had advised me of.
Joyce, Malcolm thank you both for a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having just arrived in England the previous day, we travelled to Haslemere to experience a bit of the English countryside. Found Strathire by mere chance on the web and stayed one night with my children, over the weekend, and had a delightful and peaceful time. What a stroke of luck! Joyce and Malcolm Harris are warm and welcoming hosts. Very helpful in guiding us to the sites and walks. Will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

it was March 2012 I stayed for a friend's wedding. I have never stayed anywhere where I have been made to feel more welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was quality oozing sumptiousness. My room was spotless and comfortable. Malcolm and Joyce are wonderful hosts who find interest in every guest and make one feel special.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Full disclosure - I became engaged while staying in this b and b, but I fully believe our stay would have been just as lovely anyway!
We were made to feel welcome by Mr Harris as soon as we arrived, and shown to a beautiful room. We were sharing a bathroom, but as it was so nearby the room, it didn't matter. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was massive, and there was tea, coffee and a full kettle waiting for us!
Breakfast was good value - cereal, a croissant and a full English. My fiance is a vegetarian so no sausage and bacon for him, but he was given extra egg and tomatoes so was plenty satisfied! The Harrises were very knowledgable about the area and able to advise where we could get dinner.
The system of leaving your key behind works well, as we were back late both nights and were glad to not have to wake anyone coming home! It also helped that it is very central to Haslemere High Street so we didn;t have far to stumble!
The house itself is gorgeous, well appointed and full of interesting little artefacts.
Our hosts were extra kind as, when they found out our happy news, they presented us with a beautiful plate by way of congratulations!
In all, I would heartily recommend the Strathire for a weekend away, or for longer if you are in the area. We would certainly return if we are ever in the area for good value, friendliness and the fantastic welcome!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chay88
London
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed for one night at the Strathire on the 4th August for a wedding in the area. Both Malcolm and Joyce were extremely welcoming, accomodating and friendly, and I felt very looked- after.
Their bed and breakfast is a very charming house, very clean, and set in beautiful grounds. The bed was comfortable, and breakfast was delicious!
They were the perfect hosts, and it was lovely to stay there. I would definitely go back again.

Thanks again to both of you!
K

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I enjoyed a very pleasant 2-night stay at Strathire, a lovely B&B in a very picturesque part of England.

Joyce and Malcome Harris were the perfect hosts and breakfast was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble for them and Joyce even dropped us off at the train station when we left!

We stayed for a wedding and with accommodation quite hard to come by in the area, this was the perfect option, just a short distance away from the train station in Haslemere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicola K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslemere
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#2 of 7 in Haslemere
Bel & The Dragon
Bel & The Dragon
#1 of 2 in Churt

Been to Strathire? Share your experiences!