“Yes Sir and Yes Madam!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sir and Madam

Sir and Madam
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Yes Sir and Yes Madam!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

WOW! I have lived in Guildford for nearly five years now, and I have walked past this restaurant about a million times, with out even giving it a second glance. From the outside it certainly looks like nothing special, and the name, rightly or wrongly, kind of put me off.

Last week, my girlfriend and I were looking for somewhere nice to go for dinner on Friday night, so I did a quick google search and this restaurant came up quite high in the rankings. So, we decided to give it a try… and how glad we are that we tried it!

Quite literally one of the best meals that we have ever had in Guildford. The staff are incredibly friendly, and very polite, and the food was just out of this world. My girlfriend said that the prawn dish she ate was one of the best dishes she has ever had !

We went for the set menu B, which included the prawn dish, but we ended up with a chicken dish instead, by mistake. I always say that the way to judge and establishment is not by how good things are when they are going well, but how they deal with problems when things go wrong. The staff admitted immediately that they had made a mistake, and simply prepared us are correct prawn dish, and added it to our table at no extra charge. We were completely stuffed at the end of it, but there was still room for some pineapple fritters!

I absolutely cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, and I know that we will definitely be back there again very soon!

“Best Thai in Guildford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Excellent and welcoming service.
Fantastic Menu, you can choose between the "set menu" and the normal menu and both are available any night of the week. (Not just set menu at weekends).
The food comes out very well presented and hotter than the sun, just the way I like it. You can easily have 2 courses (starter and main) and be full-up for far less than you'd pay at other Thai restaurants in Guildford. You get a personnel service from start to finish and you will not be disappointed by the food.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great Thai food, friendly service, half of the price of local competitors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Title says it all, I hope

I guess it's cheaper as its not in a premIum location, but v nice food indeed.

We are becoming regulars.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Pad Standard Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had been recommended Sir & Madam by a fair few people, so was looking forward to a good Thai, but found the meals bland, and pre-cooked as if coming off a conveyor belt. A disappointing mid-week outing.

Visited January 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

There are a number of high profile Thai restaurants in Guildford, but this is the best. It's small enough to be personal, so the ambience is great. The staff are lovely and the service quick but not pushy. The food we had was one of the best meals we've eaten in any type of restaurant. The menu is extensive and it was cooked to perfection. I had duck, which was a very generous portion and inexpensive. We went on a Saturday night - make sure you book, because as you would expect, it's popular and gets busy.

• Visited July 2013