“AMAZING !”

Cuisines: Japanese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Brought a dear friend over to my favourite restaurant and she was blown away by the quality and flavours of their unique food. Admittedly, she was quite lost with the vast choices in the menu but the waiters jumped in to assist - very warm and helpful. After understanding the sort of flavours my friend was after, the waiter recommended the spicy sambal bamboo prawns and wow ! the flavours were out of this world. I had the lemak curry beef with mixed meat rice noodles and as usual - were very tasty & delicious !Can't wait to go back for their new "early bird" promotion - 2course meal for £9.90 !!! What more can one ask :-))

1  Thank 88lenlee

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I hate to use the term 'average', but that is the best way I can describe my experiences here. Food is wholly acceptable but barely ever anything more, which is disappointing given the price point. One would expect a bit of flair or excitement, neither of which happen with the food or with the service, which is functional but entirely robotic.

The puzzling aspects centre around things like the vast menu and the award certificates glittered around the fireplace from the early 2000's... perhaps some modernisation is needed in order to expect a greater level of customer satisfaction.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went in for lunch today with the wife n kids. Had the Thai Kerabu Sotong, Malaysian Mi Goreng, Fried Noodles with Egg & Noodle Tom Yum. Was the food good? Nope. They were great! I should know cos I, myself am from the Far East n the dishes we had definitely tasted almost like what we would be having back home. Only complaint would be that the squid was a bit tough. Price wise, it ain't Thai Express in The Friory, but portions n taste here are waaaay better. If you're one who's into spicy Thai-styled or Msian dishes, then this is the place. Just wish we'd tried the place much sooner. Will definitely be going back!

3  Thank a_azha
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Having watched Masterchef final I really fancied Malaysian food something I had not really had before we booked a table before reading the mixed reviews on trip advisor. From our experience I would say my dish was very tasty but overall the whole meal was overpriced, the service was slapdash and like others have said you pay an extra 10% charge for it!!! Overall over priced found out we Like Malaysian food but wouldn't go back

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My friends and I had the most amazing meal and evening at Matahari`s on Saturday night (10th May). The menu is vast but that does in no way deter from the quality of the food. Selkei, our waitress was excellent in her knowledge of the dishes to ensure we chose the best dishes to suit our tastebuds. The restaurant also caters for special dietary requirements. It was my friend's first visit to the restaurant and she was so impressed by the quality of the food, that she asked to meet and thank the head chef! The portion sizes were huge and the prices were very reasonable. We had a lovely girly evening and the wine flowed! We will definitely be returning. Thank you to Selkei and the team for a lovely evening.

1  Thank Elaine B