“not as good as it used to be”
Review of Zizzi - Guildford

Zizzi - Guildford
Ranked #46 of 298 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.This long standing restaurant is set at the top of the high street. The entrance leads you into a light, spacious restaurant with soaring ceilings and a bar stretching from the floor to the roof. The open plan kitchen affords you panoramic views of the chefs tossing the pizzas over the high beams and the busy, bustling atmosphere makes this a great place for a night out.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I've been to this Zizzi many times in recent years. Some things are still true - friendly and prompt service, clean restaurant, good range of choice on the menu and an upbeat ambiance. But the prices seem to have been inflated since my last visit and it is no longer good value for money. Although the food is freshly prepared and tastes like good home cooking, I don't think that one starter, three mains and two puddings plus a couple of glasses of wine should cost £75 at this kind of restaurant...

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my friend for our Christmas dinner/gift exchange a week before Christmas. I normally like it here but unfortunately this time would be my last. The service was good it was the food which was the problem. I had the 'RISOTTO DI PESCE ' which is
king prawns, mussels and squid rings in a tomato, chilli and white wine risotto. When we left the restaurant I said to my friend that I was feeling unwell, unfortunately once I did get home this led to hours and hours of sickness / diarreah for the next few days. Now I can't even think about eating seafood without feeling sick. I should have told the restaurant at the time which was my own fault, but just a warning, don't eat the seafood here.

1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Visited on a Thursday evening and it was pretty busy so glad I called and booked, when we left there was a number of people waiting to be seated. I was asked when booking if it was a special occasion (not for us this time) but nice to be asked and I think this means that they would try to do something extra if it were.

We didn't shy away from the staple food of this sort of chain, Pizza and Pasta for mains and Antipasto and fried seafood starters. It's hard to muck up an antipasto and they didn't the seafood was good and the squid cooked just right, far too many places overdo this and you end up with a rubber band but not here. The mains were fine, maybe a slight overcook on the edge of the pizza but it was a good thin crust one and a nice amount of spice for me.

On the whole better than average for a chain of this type.

1  Thank millhouze
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Attended a Christmas party. Food was fairly good, fine for a simple meal out and the atmosphere was pretty lively as it was just before Christmas and there were lots of parties in. Sadly ruined for me as I slipped on the (wet) floor as I entered early in the evening and I was therefore in a bit of pain throughout the meal. The reason I am posting is because not a single member of staff bothered to come over and check if I was ok, check/wipe the floor to stop any other customer's slipping or log the incident as they should do. Not a great example of customer service, regardless of whether the fall was just an unfortunate accident!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good service, amazing new zealand sauvignon, spot on atmosphere! the food was lovely and would go there again :)