“Good service, average value”
Review of Zizzi - Guildford

Zizzi - Guildford
Reserve with OpenTable
Zizzi - Guildford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 286 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.This long standing restaurant is set at the top of the high street. The entrance leads you into a light, spacious restaurant with soaring ceilings and a bar stretching from the floor to the roof. The open plan kitchen affords you panoramic views of the chefs tossing the pizzas over the high beams and the busy, bustling atmosphere makes this a great place for a night out.
Beccles, United Kingdom
“Good service, average value”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Zizzis in Guildford is a nicely laid out Restaurant on the High Street, and the service was excellent.

My reservations are more about Zizzis as a chain than this branch. The food was good but unexceptional, and the side salads were on the small size. It is a direct competitor to Prezzos, who tend to provide bigger helpings and better value for money.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“I love Zizzi but this one is fantastic!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am a regular to Zizzi, mostly around London but I was in Guildford after my nieces graduation and so we took her to this Zizzi for an early dinner. The restaurant has a great vibe, the staff are friendly and they had a great deal for graduates on: 3 courses and a glass of Presseco for £20. Every course was delicious, hat's off to the chef - Zizzi is normally great anyway but the food at this particular one was just fantastic. We had excellent value for money and rolled out of there full bellied and smiling.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Surprising interior!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Visited for the first time with some work colleagues on a Friday evening.

I'd never been to Guildford High Street before and the entrance was easy to miss - however, once you have spotted it and start walking down the huge sparkly tree-lined corridor to the restaurant it feels like a very special experience!

The restaurant itself is huge and must be one of their flagship restaurants. You can see the chefs cooking in a huge station, and there are more 'sparkly trees' all around the tables, stretching from floor to ceiling.

Although we were a largish group the service was excellent, and efficient and friendly at all stages.

The food was also good; I had the Fiorentina pizza and then the 'chocolate melt' dessert, both of which were excellent, and my companions had no trouble finishing up the variety of dishes they had ordered.

Only part to point out, and not a criticism, is that when trying to find the toilets you go through the relevantly-marked doors - however, there the signs peter out and you are lost as to whether to go upstairs or not. From experience, the answer is.... upstairs!

When we were there, the clientele were a mix of groups and couples.

Am enjoyable evening with good service and food!

• Visited July 2013
London
“Recent Visit”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My recent visit was disappointing. It was early evening and although the restaurant was only about a quarter full it seemed very noisy. I was warmly greeted and shown to my table. My first server was great but I then had a waiter who seemed very offhand and rather put me off visiting again. I ordered a chicken dish which although tasty did not reflect what I thought I ordered. The waiter put me off ordering a dessert as it seemed like I was too much trouble to serve. Not sure if this was because I was eating alone or maybe he was having a bad day.
On returning home I decided to check the online menu and saw that the dish I ordered was not the one served to me. I contacted Zizi and I have to say their customer services were excellent in their response and I will give Zizi another chance as this is not what I have previously experienced.

• Visited June 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very noisy but food good”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very full on a Saturday night so you need to book. Food was good but unable to rate it very good so it has to be "average". It's very noisy but I think that's due to the design of the building. Staff were friendly enough though difficult to chat to them because of the noise. Would go again though no particular advantage over all the other chains we have access to.

• Visited May 2013