“comfort and good food”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Milan, Italy
“comfort and good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location is good not too far from the town and city life, albeit uphill, with free on-site parking.
The room was not so large but clean and comfortable, quiet and with all you need for a rest.
Feel in love with the big shover.
Turn off the fridge furing the night if you are sensitive to sound.
Tasteful dinner (on monday) and breakfast. Good ecofriendly products. Service was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Diego,

It's been a pleasure for us to have you as a guest and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient, being within walking distance of the University of Surrey. Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of the staff. We take great pride in delivering the best service possible and we always aim at making our guests feel "at home away from home".

I truly hope you will come back soon and I wish you all the best for your studies.

Best Regards
Cristina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
West Wales
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I travel a lot for business and stay in over 100 hotels per year. This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I stayed for 2 nights whilst on business in Guildford and booked a suite. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with some extra touches which really make a difference. The food was excellent - so please try an evening meal in the restaurant and take time to enjoy the breakfast which is freshly cooked. The team try very hard and it was much appreciated - thanks

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Your excellent feedback serves as a great motivator and it really helps us improve the standard of our service.

I have particularly appreciated your comments about the evening meals that we offer weekdays (and thanks for giving them a try!). I am also thrilled that you liked our freshly cooked breakfast. At Asperion, we use organic and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, and we cook with passion - simply because passion is our drive, whatever we do.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to come and stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

It's really a pity that I have to say anything at all bad about this place, because they are lovely people and they do try really hard. The location is good - close to town, albeit uphill, with free on-site parking. The room was very comfortable, with a lovely bed and large ensuite, tv and free WiFi. The fridge with complimentary bottled water was a nice touch, although I recommend taking the staff's advice to turn it off when you're trying to sleep, it can be quite intrusive.

I do, however, have a couple of quibbles. There was no thermostat in my room, the heating is centrally controlled and I found it excessive. Also, soundproofing is very bad. I could hear everything that went on in the room upstairs. At least they weren't too noisy, but I could hear footsteps, conversations, plumbing.. not advised if you're a light sleeper.

One tip - have the bran flakes for breakfast rather than the cornflakes. The cornflakes aren't very tasty..

• Stayed December 2012
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are always eager to know our guests' feedback and take their comments on board, as they are the best way for us to improve our service.
We are delighted to hear that you found your bed comfortable and that you appreciated the facilities we offer in our rooms (free wi-fi, flat screen TV, fridge, complimentary bottle of water, chocolates and fresh milk).
We are sorry that you found the room a bit too warm for you. Should you come and visit us again, please ask the duty manager to help you with this, as the temperature of the radiators can be individually adjusted.
We would also be happy to offer you a quieter room, either on the first floor or in the back wing of the hotel, as we appreciate that the noise coming from the rooms upstairs can disturb if you are a light sleeper.
Thank you again for your comments. We sincerely hope that you will come and stay at Asperion on the occasion of your next visit to Guildford.
We would also like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best regards
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed overnight on 15 Dec 2012 with my wife and found the Asperion to be very good ; our upgraded room was a good size and very clean. Nice touches were the complimentary bottles of water, fresh milk and toiletries. Service was very friendly and although we didn't use it, the Honesty Bar was also a nice touch for a small B&B. Would happily stay again and have already recommended to colleagues. Booked through Late Rooms and so got a very good rate which made it very good value for money for bed and organic breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting your review and for the excellent score you gave us.
I am delighted that you appreciated the upgrade to a larger room. I am also thrilled that you found our service friendly and that you noticed those little touches (bottled water, chocolates, fresh milk in the rooms) that enhanced the comfort of your stay. It's also nice that you mentioned our honesty bar, which is indeed in tune with the homely atmosphere of our hotel.
Every effort is made to provide our guests with the best possible service, and I am delighted you appreciated this.
We sincerely hope to meet you again at Asperion in the near future. In the meantime, we all wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Kindest Regards
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Everything clicked at The Asperion- it literally ticked every box I could hope for this sort of stay. My partner and I were visiting Guildford for a friend's birthday and were looking for an affordable, centrally located stop over point which would be comfortable and clean. And how The Asperion delivered! First note, parking was good. Second note, the welcome was very friendly- touches such as would you like some fresh milk for your fridge if you are making tea and coffee, coupled with somebody actually showing you to you room (rather than describing roughly where it might be). The room was well appointed, very clean and the bed was really rather comfortable.

The town is a short walk away (5 minutes) so for the afternoon we walked there and back. For our evening visit my partner was wearing heals so did not want to walk- the hotel were very accomdating in providing us with taxi details.

The breakfast was literally 10/10! Locally sourced, fantastic flavours, cooked to order (not straight from under the grill)- really set me up for the day.

Anytime I'm going to Guildford, I'm staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is absolutely delightful to read that Asperion "ticked all the boxes" for you - and your extremely positive comments boost our motivation and enthusiasm. All the staff work hard to meet the guests' expectations and, despite not being faultless, we certainly go the extra mile to deliver the best possible service.
I am particularly thrilled to see that you loved our breakfast, that you appreciated our friendliness and attention to detail, and that you found our location convenient to Guildford town centre. We do have a private, free of charge parking that allows our guests to leave their cars here and walk to downtown.
Thank you for appreciating our little "touches" such as fresh milk to go with coffee and tea in the rooms, as well as our habit to show the guests to their rooms. We believe this makes them feel at home and very welcome.
I sincerely hope that you will come and stay at Asperion again the next time you will travel to Guildford.
Best Wishes and Merry Christmas from all our staff
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here just for one night but I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I arrived I was given a lovely warm welcome and was immediately asked if I would like fresh milk to go with the tea and coffee in my room. I thought that was such a nice touch which was also accompanied by a little bar of Green and Black's chocolate and a bottle of water! My single room was quite small but very clean and cosy and I had a very good nights sleep. The breakfast was delicious! Not only was there the standard cereal/toast/yoghurt etc but also a cooked breakfast and even smoked salmon and scrambled eggs if you wanted. I loved the fact that everything was organic and they even had gluten free bread! The staff were so friendly and accommodating and, for me, made my stay all the more memorable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sarah,
Thank you for choosing Asperion for your recent stay in Guildford, and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
It was really lovely to have you here, and I am glad that we had some time for a nice chat before you checked out. I am also thrilled that you found a friendly, homely atmosphere that made it easier for you to relax before your interview.
Thank you for your excellent comments about the cleanliness of our rooms, the warm welcome you have been given and the nice little touches that we offer to the guests (fresh milk, complimentary spring water, organic chocolates).
I am also delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you loved our smoked salmon and scambled eggs. We purchase most of our ingredients from local suppliers and we choose organic options whenever possible. We also cater for gluten free guests, as we believe that food allergies and intolerances must not prevent them from enjoying their meals.
I truly hope you will return to Asperion in the near future.
Kindest regards
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our third stay at the Asperion. We chose the hotel in the first instance for its location within walking distance of the station, cathedral and town centre and the reasonable price. On each occasion the welcome has been friendly, the rooms (and beds) very comfortable and the breakfast excellent - it is a pleasure to have breakfast cooked and served rather than to take tepid bacon and eggs from a buffet. Dinner is not served at the weekends so, sadly, we have not been able to try what is on offer. Parking in Guildford, even on a Sunday is difficult so the car park is very welcome.
It is also nice to be remembered, as we were, even on our second visit - one feels at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Asperion_12, Supervisor at Asperion, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Simon,
Thank you for returning to Asperion for the third time, and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It's always a great pleasure for us to meet you and lovely to see that you became regular guests.
Thank you for your extremely positive feedback, with particular reference to the friendliness of the staff, the comfort of our rooms and the deliciousness of our breakfast. In addition to our buffet, we offer cooked breakfast options which are prepared to order, using fresh and locally sourced ingredients, organic whenever possible.
I am sorry that you did not have the chance to eat dinner with us - as we serve it from Monday to Thursday only. Asperion is, however, really close to Guildford town centre, and our parking facilities make it easy to reach the main restaurants on foot.
I am thrilled that you have already booked your next stay in January and I really look forward to meeting you again in the New Year.
Best Wishes