“Hotel/Rooms really good. The restaurant has room for improvement...”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We'd arrived with great relief to find the rooms were clean, spacious and had air-con. We'd tried to book the previous night, but it was full, so opted to stay in the Twickenham Hotel instead - big mistake (no air-con and v poor restaurant and far more expensive).

My only complaint would be the restaurant on the first night...it was less than half full, but we were told we'd have to wait 30 mins as full (?!?!?).

The food was more expensive than the previous night's hotel but far better quality.

The restaurant is also very modern, light airy and well decorated.

My son ordered jelly and ice-cream, but we found a large shard of plastic on top of the jelly. The staff were quick to resolve and the cost of all the deserts was removed from the bill.

From a breakfast perspective, my criticism would be the plates weren't particularly clean (I frequently had to dig down a couple of plates to find a clean one).

The waiting staff in the restaurant were very attentive over dinner, always introduced themselves and were helpful.

My husband also felt at peak times the hot food wasn't consistently brought out and he had to either wait or leave without one or two items.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Marsha F

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The rooms were very clean. The beds wer very good!! Clear bathroom and toilet. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Ther was a busy road next to the hotel, but you did not hear much of it. You could park your car very easily.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wijtze D
Reviewed August 4, 2014

As usual with the premier inn, it was easy check inn, value for money & very clean, we stayed overnight when visiting my son & going onto a wedding. Every thing in the room that is needed, even in the hall area of the building was there extra coffee, teas, sugars etc to ensure you didn't have to walk to reception as we were in a separate annex.

Room Tip: Great Stay for London trips or stop overs or visiting Guildford
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was not looking for anything fancy, just a clean, quiet place to rest my head in GUildford where I was staying for 3 days. I was not disappointed. The place is clean and cosy, all basic functionalities are available and work. Wifi is paid extra but it works well. The room was quite spacy and spotless. Breakfasts quite typical but by all means properly filling. I enjoyed them as you should enjoy your first meal of the day. The hotel is located by a busy road, but the windows are well done and when you close them you can forget about the traffic. I will stay there again if I have to come to Guildford.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PiotrSzolucha
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a really pleasant stay once before so chose Premier Inn without hesitation for return visit to Guildford for an early morning audition at GSA. Might seem trivial, but the receptionist was nowhere near as friendly or welcoming as last visit- it really does make a difference when you've had a long journey and have finally arrived. Room was good- up to usual Premier Inn standards and had another excellent meal in the Beefeater with friendly, helpful staff.
The main issue- from when we entered our room after our meal until very early hours of the morning someone in the room above was pacing across the room and back, then running, then pacing. I didn't want to make a fuss at that time and began to assume we were directly under a communal corridor/ lift area. The pacing started afresh at 5ish, so hardly any sleep for an important audition. Obviously not Premier Inn's fault- but when I asked at reception what was above our room as we had been kept awake most of the night I was met with a slight shrug of the shoulders and confirmation that it was a room, not a communal area. The lady was nice enough but didn't seem to care that we hadn't slept :( The good night sleep guarantee doesn't always apply then! Put us off returning really, even though in general a very nice hotel. The only problem I have had to be fair after many years of staying in Premier Inns- more to do with customer service than anything else.

Room Tip: Top floor so no noise from above!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here over the years when I am stuck for my favourite place even though it is very close to the office. It's always clean and you know exactly what you are getting. So no real complaints. Had dinner in the linked restaurant and wasn't well received on what looked to have been a busy Sunday evening

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 27th of June after a long drive to be told the water was off in the rooms and the beefeater was closed again due to the water the pillows where hard and a poor night sleep had when I complained I was given a refund but feel it should have been offered at check in

Stayed: June 2014