“Fantastic Pool”

Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex
Ranked #24 of 50 things to do in Guildford
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectrum is the most advanced facility of its type in the UK with its extensive array of sport, leisure and entertainment pursuits all under one roof.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in Guildford whilst visiting friends and decided to take our 5 year old here before the 6 hour return car journey, in a bid to tire him out. We wished we'd found it sooner!
The leisure pool is fantastic. There's lots of slides; catering for toddlers to grown ups. A wave machine, splash area for the little ones, a couple of Jacuzzi pools, two large slides for the older group (one which you use rubber 'tyres' to travel down). There's also two learner pools, a larger pool with swim lanes only, and a diving pool.
Our only gripes were that there should be more family changing rooms, and it is quite expensive (cost us approx. £16 for two adults and a 5 year old). We almost didn't go in when we saw the number of school trips turning up, but we were surprised that it didn't seem overcrowded despite this. We did have one 'incident' where a group of teens invaded the toddler pool and the lifeguard just sat there whilst they were carrying on and 'bombing' into the pool, but they were asked to move on when I complained to another lifeguard.
Staff were too preoccupied with talking to each other rather than paying attention to customers, and we often had to stand waiting for their attention, in order to ask a question.
We didn't visit the other facilities on site; I understand there's an ice rink, soft play area, gym, spa, slot scelextric track, etc. We made a quick visit to Wimpey bar, and then to Costa Coffee for take-out drinks. I think there were another couple of cafes/restaurants on-site too.
Will look forward to visiting again next time we're in the area.

GFDSpectrum, General Manager at Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your review we are very pleased you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you also for the feedback on the staff we'll reiterate to them the need to be more proactive on poolside. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon. Please join our community on www.facebook.com/GuildfordSpectrum or Twitter @GfdSpectrum and visit the website for any offers next time you are in the area.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"slides"
in 99 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Yep if you love screaming kids all called tarquin and zarah then this place is for you. Overpriced and over crouded and needs a good lick of paint. The image of a fat woman trying to slide down a small kids slide in the pool will never leave me.

1  Thank flash_gordy
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was living in Guildford for long time and I visited Spectrum many times. Particularly I was skating on ice mostly and sometimes I was playing bowling. It was a fun way to spent my day with friends and the prices were logical.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Considering I spend half my life at this place I really ought to get paid for writing this review. It's an absolute Godsend for us as it provides skating lessons for me and the kids, swimming and karate lessons for the kids, Zumba for the mums not to mention weekend bowling. The loyalty card even pays for my Zumba. It keeps the weight off and the whole family uses it. The food outlets are OK (Costa is a bit slow and needs to take the loyalty cards!) but honestly - it's a leisure centre not a hotel and let's face it - it's a business not a charity (I wish the state paid for this - it would be worth the hike in taxes). You can even get a beer! Yes it's a bit pricey, yes I think they ought to be a bit more dilligent in the loo cleaning but I love it. I wish every town had somewhere like this and then maybe we'd all be a bit fitter and healthier. Also - the staff are lovely and helpful. Long live Spectrum.

1  Thank Welovesunandsnow