TripAdvisor

Cuisines: European, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Many entries on Google
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Turned up here for a pre booked wedding reception to find they had double booked. Absolutely ruined my friends wedding day with no apology or any offer of sorting it out. The staff were so rude. My poor friend was so upset. Shame on you.

Date of visit: October 2019
Jeremy K, Owner at Ye Olde Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Yvetterae,
There was clearly an issue today and we are truly sorry for the situation but I need to clarify that there was no double booking - we didn’t have a reservation for your party.
We are a family run business and my husband personally speaks to anyone who books a wedding celebration. The Bride said she had emailed but we can’t find any record of it. We would urge you to ask her to contact us so we can investigate further (we have no contact details for her) as if the error is on our part then we want to acknowledge it, attempt to make amends & understand what happened to ensure it never happens again.
My husband spoke to the Bride several times while she was at the pub today, apologised profusely if there had been an error on our part and offered to do whatever we could to accommodate you, including serving food and drinks in the 4 hour window until our confirmed wedding booking at 4pm. The Bride left assuring us that all was well and she had made alternative arrangements.
We pride ourselves on the customer service we offer and if anyone was anything other than polite and helpful I would again urge you to contact us at yeoldeshipinn@gmail.com with specific details so we can investigate and take the necessary action.
Once again, if the error turned out to be on our part we will take full responsibility but we honestly had no record of a booking.
Wish best wishes
Jenny

Write a reviewReviews (152)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a good pub for a drink and meal as part of a long walk. We had walked along the hog's back and called in half round our walk for lunch. It has a rustic charm and very much an old public house hence the name! Staff were very welcoming.

Great pint of beer and if you have a meal be warned they are big portions. You could quite easily share a pizza.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

This pub was exactly where I needed to be after a tough day! Food is delicious but the best aspect was Connor, he was so friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Some of the staff were very nice apart from the assistant manger who was very rude.There was a wedding going on and we spoke to a member of staff and they said the pub wasn’t closed and said it was open wouldn’t recommend coming again

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019

popped down here the other night with the dog for a quick bite to eat, my husband had the meatball pizza and I had the bacon and banana one, these have got to be the best pizzas i have ever tasted, bearing in mind I have just come back from Italy!
staff were friendly and helpful, it dosent look much from the outside but a hidden gem inside, really cosy, we sat outside in the little court yard, think we will become regulars and wont be going anywhere else for pizza!

Date of visit: August 2019