“What a great place”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“What a great place”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a child free night and a stay in the hotel, we arrived to cake and rose petals, what a lovely time we had and enjoyed the afternoon tea so much. Thank you for the great level of service

• Stayed April 2014
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent night away and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear we were able to surprise and delight you and you thoroughly enjoyed your Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea. I am pleased to hear you experienced the high levels customer service we strive to provide all our guests and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Peter Wardley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Surrey
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have just had the msfortune to overnight at this hotel after a function. The Superior Queen room was poky at best and the facilities, whilst surface smart, lacked effectiveness. The TV didn't work, the walk-in shower could barely find the energy to dribble through the showerhead and the towels more nearly resembled sandpaper. The soap, shampoos etc were carefully bolted to the walls rendering efficient use thereof either difficult or impossible.
The bed was fine, if somewhat high the pillows hard but generally satisfactory. The in-room magazine entertainment was awesome - 2 magazines, one entitled Baxaar (fashion) and one entitled - wait for it - Wallpaper!
Don't get me started on the breakfast - tea which was so weak and tepid it could hardly claim to be a beverage at all and one-sided toast.
The only saving grace was the human side - the staff were unfailingly helpful and polite.

Room Tip: If all the other rooms were like mine you are doomed. I suspect, however, that others are better - t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am very sorry to hear you were not overly pleased with your recent stay with us. Our Superior bedrooms are the smallest we offer however we also have Deluxe, Business Class and Junior Suites should guests require additional space. I am sorry to hear of the issues experienced such as your TV not working and the showerhead. Had a member of staff been made aware of this whilst you were in house, a member of our onsite Maintenance Department would have been able to rectify this swiftly for you.

As I am sure you understand, mattress firmness is down to individuals preference and we are unable to cater to everyone's likes, however we do have hollowfibre pillows available on a guest request basis. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed reading the two magazine provide in the bedrooms, Bazaar and Wallpaper*. As you say, Bazaar covers fashion and Wallpaper* magazine covers breaking news across design, interior, art, architecture, fashion, travel, and technology. I am sorry to hear the breakfast offering was not to your liking and have asked my Food & Beverage Manager to look into this to ensure it is not a repeated incident. I am delighted to hear the staff you encountered were helpful and polite and I hope you will consider allowing us to restore your faith in us on a future visit to Guildford.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is not much over a year old and that reflects in the entire hotel. The décor, furniture, beds, curtains etc. are all as new. The bed was big and extremely comfortable, the staff courteous and very helpful, and the food excellent at breakfast. This hotel ticked all of the boxes for me and I would recommend it whole heartedly. If it is slightly more expensive than what you normally expect, then it is well worth paying the difference!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Harv12
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel was as new, as we are fast approaching our 3rd year of operation however we take great care in maintaining the property. I am pleased to hear you found our beds extremely comfortable and all staff you met were courteous and helpful and I am also pleased to hear the food offering was to your liking. Our rates fluctuate depending on the time of year and there are always preferable rates available on our website.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Have just come back from a wonderful weekend at the Radisson. Its location means Guildford is on your doorstep so you can simply park your car when you arrive and not gave to drive it again until you leave. The staff were all very helpful and the room was gorgeous- I literally felt like a princess for the whole weekend! The spa next door gives amazing massages and the hotel restaurant 'Scoff and Banter' did lovely food (especially the burgers!). Would highly recommend, we are already planning our next visit!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie E
Dear Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent weekend away.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful weekend with us and found the hotels location at the top of Guildford’s High Street convenient for trips into town. I am very pleased to hear the staff were friendly, room was gorgeous and you enjoyed time in both our spa and Scoff & Banter Restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Zichron Yaakov, Israel
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson for a recent conference in Guilford and found the staff was, without exception, incredibly friendly, warm and helpful. There was a technical problem in my room and they did their utmost to resolve it in a timely manner. They were gracious and always on hand with a delicious fruit flavored water. The room was very nice and clean and I especially enjoyed use of the spa which was lovely and relaxing (I only wish the second jet stream had been working in the pool). Breakfast was delicious too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank M M
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that all the staff you encountered were incredibly friendly, warm and helpful. I am very sorry there was a technical problem in your room however I’m glad that our in house departments were able to rectify this swiftly for you. I am pleased that the bedroom and breakfast buffet was to your liking and you were able to enjoy time in our wet spa area. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to look into the second contra jet to ascertain why it was not functioning during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Hampshire
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Biggest problem in these rooms if you are female is there is nowhere to do your hair/make up. No mirror near plug sockets - obviously designed by a man! A big oversight. Otherwise a really lovely room

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your visit to Surrey.

I am sorry to hear you had difficulty in finding somewhere to do your hair and makeup. The majority of our bedrooms are fitted with a desk with a mirror situated either above it or beside it. There are also numerous plug sockets at this desk as many business travellers use these to complete work. I am sorry if on this occasion you were not in one of these bedrooms and ask that if a future booking is made please ask for one of these rooms. I am delighted to hear that otherwise you found the room to be really lovely.

We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

brighton
Reviewed March 28, 2014

went for a spa break. really nice hotel, great restaurant and close to the centre of town. room was quiet and even though it was Saturday night we got a good nights sleep. Guildford is great for countryside and walks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tony,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent spa break and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you thought the hotel was really nice with a great restaurant and well situated in the heart of Guildford town. I am pleased to hear you had a peaceful night’s sleep.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.