“Anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Esher
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I decided to book a last minute surprise weekend for my wife for our anniversary.
For the standard of the hotel I think the price was just right considering we booked the Guildford Spa deal with a facial for both of us. Which was included in the price.
Definately recommend a facial from here, with its beautiful surroundings and relaxing music the whole expereince made us both feeling very relaxed after a very busy work/kids routine week.
From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly, especially Luke who made us feel very special. I think all the little things do matter when you are staying away. From wishing me a Happy Anniversary when Luke hadn't even met me because my wife checked us in and a telephone message in a room to make sure everything was alright with us.This does make a difference from the average hotel.
The hotel looks great and is in a good location just off the high street. Very conveinient for the local restaurants and bars.
Very impressed and will be coming back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrKew
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your anniversary celebrations and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed our spa break package which included a facial and use of the wet spa area facilities. I am very pleased to hear that you found the spa relaxing and the perfect way to unwind after a busy week. Thank you for your comments about our Lobby Manager Luke, who prides himself on delivering high standards of customer service. Our hotel is conveniently situated at the top of Guildford's High Street and within easy walking distance of the towns retail outlets.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peter Wardley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been advise by the waitress that The day before everyone was drinking mojitos hence they have finished the stock of lime (sainsbury is 3min walk) and they had to wait until Monday delivery .... It is 30 degrees and half your cocktail list contains lime.... Poor for a 4*!!!
Reception staff not very knowledgable , arrivals not checked (left a comment about my way of payment but no body was aware of it when I arrived) gym facilities not free in the weekend, overall for £135 I find it a bit pretentious , product is good but service to work on.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RaphaellaYver
Dear Raphaella,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford hotel for your recent visit to Surrey.

I am sorry to hear that at the time of your stay we were running low on our stock of lime. I will follow this up with the team to ascertain why more were not ordered sooner. I will also follow up on your comment about the reception team with our Front Office Manager. Our gym is free for in house guests to use, however the wet spa area is charged at £10 per person to ensure that numbers can be limited to make sure it remains a calm and tranquil area.

I do hope you will consider a return visit in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks during an international move. The staff were very helpful and efficient and the rooms very very modern and clean (we were in a business room, which was a good size). It is in a fantastic location. I am difficult to please but I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Njexpatmum
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel during your international move and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that we surpassed your expectations and that you found the hotel comfortable during your time with us. We are very fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford's High Street, in the heart of the town.

I hope your move went smoothly and that on a return visit you will consider staying with us again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very good location in the centre of Guildford, modern and smart hotel generally providing the high standard of service that can be expected at this price point. This was my second stay and for some reason the deal this time excluded breakfast and was much more expensive than my previous stay. The check in was swift and professional and followed by a courtesy call to ensure everything was ok. The first night was disturbed by a late night fire alarm, presumably a false alarm as it was silenced after a few minutes. No explanation was offered and my comment at check out was ignored. The room is to a good standard with walk in shower, bath and the usual nice toiletries, albeit in bottles bolted to the wall. Bed was comfortable and a/c effective and quiet. On site parking is available at £10 night. I will definitely try to use again but not at any price. If they price is too high or excludes breakfast, I will find an alternative further afield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank usa12354
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear that the hotels location was convenient for your time in Guildford and that this was a return visit to us. Our rates are not fixed and therefore there are packages which do not include extras such as parking and breakfast. I apologise that the fire alarm sounding during the night caused inconvenience to you. This was caused by one of our activation points being pressed accidently by a guest and I am sorry that this was not explained to you at the time of checking out.

I do hope that on a future visit to the area you do consider a return to the Radisson.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here for my cousins 50th and asked for rooms with a nice view. we booked in ( took ages as some kind of staff traning was going on- new starter) and were given rooms on the same floor opposite each other on 2nd flr and both overlooked car parks. One side was mult story , the other flat car park. Horrible view and spoilt the start of our stay!!
We asked if my cousin at least could be moved, as it was her 50th, to a nicer room and reception staff made us feel like we were asking for the moon. The lady on duty was very dismissive of us and very arrogant! One of her male colleagues also joined the conversation in an unhelpful way. My cousin was very upset (tearful) and the staff member was oblivious to her discomfort. We questioned the booking as we had booked a 'superior' room - seems all the rooms are classed as 'superior'! We were vety polite in our questioning (my cousin is very quiet) and not at all aggressive, We walked away feeling unhappy and not listened too!! So be careful when booking what you think is a speciial weekend!
As for the Spa - don't bother! the pool is tiny - pics are very decieving, you can't get more than 6 people around it and we had to queue to use it at 4.:30 sat afternoon!
would not go back - Im used to far better service at 4/5* hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mary d
Dear Mary,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your cousins birthday celebration and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the issues highlighted with regard to the customer service levels received during your stay. I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so we can work towards restoring your faith in our brand, as your experience is not indicative to the usually high standards we deliver.

Many thanks,

Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I always set out with very high expectations when I stay overnight in a luxury hotel and sometimes these expectations are not always met and I've checked out feeling rather let down.
However, on this occasion, I am very proud to say all my expectations were met (and more!) and I've come away as a very-happy-to-return customer.

Before I start my praise for this hotel I must just note that my friend had a problem with the standard and service she received with her spa treatment but as I write this review, the Spa Manager has promised to look into this and sort everything out for her (fingers crossed she keeps her promise)

So, what's all the fuss about...?

* LOCATION - a brief 5 minute walk and you are in the centre of Guildford and all it's wonderful shops, bars and restaurants. Safe and secure car parking underneath the hotel for £10 - 24 hours worked very well.
* DECOR - really lovely chic design yet comfortable at the same time.
* QUIET - despite being in the heart of Guildford our room overlooked the courtyard so it was lovely and quiet for sleeping.
* STAFF - everyone (yes, everyone) we came into contact with was lovely and helpful.
* SERVICE - all our little requests for extra help were met and nothing was too much trouble.
* ROOMS - OK, yes the twin room was small however everything in the room (bedding, towels, bathroom standard etc) was 5 star quality.
* SPA - be aware that the pool is not really a pool, more of large bath and there were only 2 loungers to sit on so we didn't really use that side of the Spa which was a little disappointing however, my facial treatment was amazing and there's always the sauna, steam and relaxation room to chill-out in. When we did have a make a complaint for my friend, Annie from the Spa was very helpful and understanding so top marks to her.
* BREAKFAST - a buffet style breakfast is not really my cup of tea but everything was plentiful and hot and you can always order your style of eggs to be freshly cooked for you that was good. The range was great too, catering for everyone's tastes. Again, the service was smooth, attentive and friendly.
* AFTERNOON TEA - WOW! This was included as part of our Spa Package and boy was it lovely. I couldn't stop looking at the food - it was a visual dream (almost too good to eat!!)
So much attention to detail and the service from the staff was fantastic. We felt very pampered.

A hotel is nothing without good service and staff who really do want to make your stay very special and the Radisson has definitely achieved this. Please keep up the good work as we really do want to come back and stay again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lissybubs
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford hotel for your recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have provided so much feedback in regard to your stay for future guests to be aware of. I am pleased that your facial in our spa was relaxing and that you were able to unwind in our wet spa area. Our pool is designed for fitness and is fitted with two contra jets which give resistance to swimmers. I am sorry to hear that your friend did not thoroughly enjoy her spa experience and hope that this has now been rectified. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had a great stay here not too long ago. I booked the "superior room" as a last minute trip which was very modern, had a great bed, mini bar, aircon, all the little things you'd expect from a decent 4* hotel... Bathroom was fantastic with separate bath / shower units. All very clean and up to date.

The lobby manager Luke checked us in who was extremely welcoming and helpful... Made sure we settled in ok and that we had everything we needed for the evening.

Only extremely minor comment for Radisson would be that they should move the welcome desk for breakfast nearer to where the lifts are as I assume all hotel guests will come down from that direction, rather than through the door by the side street. We got a bit lost wandering round the bar area trying to find someone to seat us.

Anyway, in short... A fantastic place to stay, definitely recommend to anyone. Will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you're already considering a return visit. As we are a new hotel, we do benefit from having the majority of amenities requested by guests to hand to ensure that our guests leave us happy. I am pleased to hear that Luke was able to assist you and ensure you had everything needed for a comfortable stay. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast welcome desk, as it is thanks to our guests feedback that we are able to better improve our product.

My team and I hope to see you again soon.