Guildford Harbour Hotel
Asperion(Guildford)
$107
$99
Holiday Inn Guildford(Guildford)(Great Value!)
$102
$70
$78
$75
Travelocity
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
$76
PremierInn.com
$58
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
2,098 results
All reviewsradisson blurelaxation roomcar parkmodern hotelhigh streetcocktail barafternoon teacentral locationdeluxe roomspa facilitieschecking inhotel barsteam roomreception staffroom keysconessaturday night
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed her for about the 4th time last week and yet again we were not disappointed!

We arrived late afternoon and were greeted by a very friendly and polite member of staff who efficiently checked us in. She was very informative and sorted out parking for us. Our room was as we expected - clean, comfortable, compact but with everything we needed, tea/coffee/bottled water and a lovely big bathroom :-) Most of all it was quiet with a lovely comfortable bed so we both had a good sleep!

We ordered room service which arrived fairly quickly given the time we ordered and was delicious! We also ordered breakfast in the room in the morning (we had breakfast included so only had to pay a tray charge) which arrived on time and again was really good! Would definitely recommend the full English but be aware you also get toast, pastries and fruit which can be quite a lot of food!

Check out was easy and quick! We had a really nice stay, albeit short, and will no doubt be back again soon when we are in the area visiting friends! For the cost of this hotel you cannot really go wrong as it is really good value for money.

1  Thank BergieLisa
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for again choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to the area, and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that you and your partner continue to choose us whilst visiting friends and enjoy spending time with us at the hotel. We strive to ensure that guests have all amenities they would need whilst travelling and that our rooms are comfortable. I am pleased that you were able to sample offerings from our new room service menu, which were also to your liking.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked the Radisson Blu Hotel through their website for my wedding night in June. I received a confirmation email and then booked a table for 17 in their Relish restaurant.

Whilst trying to book an early check in for my husband to be I discovered that there was no record of my booking on the manage my booking tab. I phoned the hotel and was informed the booking was cancelled online on the 19th December. I absolutely did not cancel this booking and would have thought a confirmation email to inform me if it had been cancelled. I was then told that there was now room restrictions in place but they would be able to offer me the same room at a higher price. I explained that this was my wedding night and that I was not impressed and the lady on the phone agreed to see what she could do and phone me back.

I have to say the lady on the phone was lovely and very professional and did eventually agree to re book the room at the same price I originally booked for. However planning a wedding is extremely stressful and this is just one worry I don't need on top of everything else so I have ended up cancelling the whole booking including dinner.

I am really disappointed but glad I checked in advance or they would have had one very upset bride on their hands on the day.

My advice, phone and confirm your booking, even if you have a confirmation email.

Room Tip: Phone ahead and confirm your booking, even if you have a confirmation email.
3  Thank emillia28

Dear Emillia,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused with regard to our booking system on the date in question. We have looked into this matter closely to ensure this remains an isolated incident. I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so we can work towards restoring your faith in our brand.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Modern light hotel, lovely furnishings and pictures. The queen room we had was quite small but spotlessly clean with lovely matching bed linen and everything you could possibly want has been included in the room and bathroom. When we arrived I noticed a large wedding party so I asked for a room away from the wedding celebrations and we were given one almost at the other end. On returning in the evening after dinner we realised that we had been put right over the bar which was playing music until 2am! The smell of the cigarettes from the smokers outside the bar also wafted into the corridor by our room. At 9:30pm we moved further back down the corridor. The reception staff were very helpful and prompt in finding us another room.

My only two criticisms would be that the bed was too small for two people (in my opinion) and I did not like the frosted glass in the window as it felt claustrophobic.

We were on room only basis so did not try any of the food available in the hotel.

Parking at £10 was very useful and the hotel is just off the High Street so close to all the shops and restaurants.

We did not try the spa due to time constraints and believe there is a £10 charge per person.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel was comfortable and you liked our close proximity to the local shopping outlets on the High Street. I am sorry to hear that you had to move rooms during the evening due to noise, however I'm pleased that the staff were able to find another room quickly to minimise the inconvenience caused by this. We do have larger beds available in our deluxe bedrooms and our two suites and the rooms also offer a larger floor space. Some bedrooms are fitted with frosted glass to give privacy to our residential neighbours.

I do hope that on a future visit to us you are able to try our food offerings and perhaps relax in our wet spa area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here alone on a trip for work one Friday evening recently. My first impressions of the hotel were very positive although I found parking to be an issue; it wasn't made clear what residents of the hotel were required to do and I only discovered that I had to park at the front of the hotel, check in then park my car in the basement using my room key to raise the barrier.
Check in was very straightforward in a somewhat elegant reception and the staff were welcoming and friendly.
My room was immaculate if rather compacr with lots of small, appreciated touches added. I also really liked the fact that I was able to record television programmes. I ordered room service which arrived quickly and was of a very high standard.
All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson. I thought that the hotel was beautiful if a little soulless but that could be a lot to do with the fact that it's such a new hotel. I felt relatively secure staying here as a lone traveller and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Helen,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for recent business trip to the area, and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear the hotel was to your liking and you had a comfortable stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the parking procedure was not better communicated to you at the time of booking. We have installed notices to inform guests of the need to obtain a key card from reception prior to parking. We do have larger bedrooms available in our deluxe rooms and suites should guests require a larger floor space. I am pleased that your room service order was to your liking and bought to your room quickly after ordering.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit to Surrey.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good location. C/in, c/out procedures relatively fast and trouble less. Nice spacious room (only the colour....), comfy bed, acceptable decor, good level of cleanliness. Good breakfast with enough choice, but that's basic for England's so decanted morning meal. All considered, I'd say it is just what's expected for a hotel this category. Hence no excellent rating this time.....also I add my disappointment together with some reviewers, entrance to the spa shouldn't be applied, and it's only on weekend apparently. Their reason is because on weekend there are a lot of bookings for treatments.....so what about your paying guests?
Would return if in Guildford again but I've left the hotel unimpressed.

Room Tip: Ask for business room but....mind you the lilac themed environment can be a put off.....

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel suited the purpose of your visit to Surrey and the hotels décor was to your liking. Our wet spa area is charged at £10 per person on weekends to ensure we can limit the number of guests at any one time and make sure that guests have time to unwind in the relaxation room prior to their treatment.

My team and I hope to welcome you back on a future visit to the area.