“Modern Decor, friendly staff, good function facilities”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Vicenza, Italy
“Modern Decor, friendly staff, good function facilities”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Gorgeous new hotel in off of Guildford high street. Lovely modern decoration. Stayed in a twin room with a colleague, plenty of space, large bathroom with hot and powerful shower.
Website says that you have to pay for parking, however as we were staying the staff allowed us to use to key fob to get into the parking underneath the hotel, I would say that it is a secure car park, the public can walk off the street into it.
We stayed for a company event, the food was lovely for a large event and the waiting staff were very attentive and helpful.
We had the breakfast buffest, good selection, could do with a couple more different cereals, but I believe there was something to cater for everyones tastes.
Checking in and checking out wasn't too long, Ross was a very helpful member of staff.
I would stay at this hotel again both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel and for writing your review on this site.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your company event was a success. We do try to ensure that our breakfast buffet selection does cater for everyone but should there be something that a guest would like which is not on the menu, we will also try to fulfil their request also.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future visit to Guildford.

Peter Wardley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson for the first time on Tuesday 24th January 2012.
Entering the hotel and being greeted with a warm smile and welcome from Anthony (Concierge), who incidentally assisted ably with getting the car parked within their own underground area, to the ever helpful reception staff made the brief stay exceptional. This hotel knock spots off the others in Guildford, including the Holiday Inn and The Angel Posting House (having stayed at both regularly the former needing a desperate upgrade and the latter lessons in customer service), it was really refreshing to be looked after. Well done Radisson.

Room Tip: All rooms have A/C that is quiet and efficient, something that you will NOT find at the Holiday Inn...
1 Thank Bwanakuba
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel on this site.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Booked here to celebrate our 2 year anniversary as wanted to celebrate in Giuldford without the hassle of getting home, the room was apparently a free upgrade to a suite but did not feel like one, I think the difference was a table and two chairs, it was the 1st week of opening and the hotel was almost empty, they new it was our anniversary and could have quite easily impressed us by upgrading up to a room which did not face a brick wall! the room was OK but still quite small, the pool was closed becuase the Ph level was not set properly and the whole point of booking was to have a chill out for an hour or two before we hit the town, when we explained our utter disapiontment staff just shrugged thier shoulders, I went back to the lobby and negotiated a bottle of Champagne as compensation but I really had to negotiate very hard to get it (the 1st offer was a bottle of house wine)
Breakfast however was absolutely delicious with a great choice cooked to order and with obvious care with attentive staff and when they asked if everything was OK? it was clear they meant it, to summarise....great location....rooms a bit small but well fitted out....breakfast is 1st class...cant comment on the SPA as could not use....staff need to show a bit more initiative when an issue arises.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swoody_11
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your anniversary celebrations and for writing your review on this site.

I am sorry to hear the stay was not to your complete satisfaction and can only apologise as it was soon after opening. As you said, our Reception team upgraded your original booking to one of our 2 suites, which offer the addition lounge area.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again and I can assure you your stay would be an enjoyable one.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with some friends and have a few issues that I feel are worth noting.Although I cannot fault the rooms, I do not see this as the only factor which is important to a hotel. You do not have to be an interor desginer to wonder what an earth was going when this hotel was placed upon the drawing board.

It is clear that intentions were high and that the aims of the desingers were to create a modern/trendy environment. In fact, the general decor and atomosphere creates anything but this.

As a guest, you want a lounge that is warm, welcoming and somewhere where you feel you could spend hours reading the paper and relaxing on a sunday afternoon. The Radisson Edwardian Guildford leaves you feeling cold, exposed and almost awkward. If you are looking for somwhere leisurely to spend and afternoon in a hotel, do not pick this one.If anything it will make you have an argument with your other half because its one of those places where you feel like to have to 'whisper' all the time.

Here are just a few examples of some of the things this wannbe hip desinger has implemented within the hotel. Firstly the television in the reception It has a video of a moving fire on it????.... its naff, seriously. Then take a stroll through to relish where you will find photos of hotels which leave you wishing you were staying there. One such picture is the ritz I believe!! Then the CURTAINS! Grey, netted, blocking out all the light and they hang there blowing around in the air conditioning. What happened to way Radisson Edwardian tradittionally decorated their hotels???? big thick welcoming curtains.

I hate to pick out silly examples but these factors are what is letting the hotel down. It has pushed the boat out too far and has created a awful atmosphere. This probably explains that despite being open since September the hotel remains empty, literally empty. I walk past the hotel on a regular basis and there is never anybody within relish- not a good place for a date gents.

What is so annoying is that the designer has every oppourtunity to create a sucsess of this hotel. The people of Guildford would have flocked to this hotel in their hundreds if the desinger had got the right mix- he really did not.

I would get the decoration at atmosphere sorted, if this doesnt happen, I feel that the hotel is on a one way ticket to disaster.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank moretonsuk
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing your feedback on this site and for staying with us at the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel.

I am sorry to hear the design of the Hotel is not to your liking. Generally the Hotel’s design and decorations have been well received by our Guests. I am pleased to say that since our official opening in October, we have had a large increase in the number of Guests and therefore the atmosphere of the Hotel has become a warm and welcoming one.

I hope you will consider a return to the Hotel on a future date and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend break while visiting friends and relatives in the Guildford area. The hotel has a secure, underground car park with a lift direct to the hotel lobby.

We received a warm welcome on arrival and were able to check in early. Our room was modern, comfortable with flat screen TV, free wifi, nice bathroom. The hotel itself is in a great location in the city centre but up a quiet cul de sac so there was no street noise.

We ate in the Relish restaurant and the food was fantastic. There was plenty of choice and it was reasonably priced. Service was good and at the end of the meal we were able to linger over coffee for as long as we liked.

We really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaroleHe
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to the area and for writing your review on Trip Advisor.
Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and will help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The location for this hotel is perfect, right in the middle of Guildford near all the shopping. The hotel is brand new and I think that is part of the problem. I have stayed here twice, once as they were opening when everything was still having the finishing touches. The staff need more training. I went to the reception to ask them to book a taxi and the receptionist asked me if I knew a number for one! The rooms are very nice and clean. One point the pool is extra cost - not included which I didn't realize when I booked. I took swimwear only to be told it was an extra £10. The restaurants were still very quiet (just me eating) but I think that was because the hotel is so new. It has potential.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel and for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear of your dealings in our Reception. Please be assured I will be looking into this and liaising with our Reception Manager to ensure this does not happen again.

There is an additional charge of £10 to use our Wet Spa area. This price includes a full day’s admittance to the Wet Spa, refreshments in our Relaxation Room and the use of the Spa’s bathrobes and slippers.

I do hope the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to the area.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed January 16, 2012

After staying in all of the other hotel options in Guildford I can say that without a doubt, the new Radisson Edwardian is by far the nicest, most convenient hotel in town. Location is amazing, right at the top of the high street and still within a 10 minute walk down to the railway station. The hotel has two very nice restaurants with great service and wonderful food.

The rooms are lovely and are decorated beautifully. The beds are also very comfortable. There is free wireless internet throughout the hotel in addition to free high-speed cable internet in each of the rooms. Every room has both a large tub and a stand-up shower which is nice and little extras such as cotton buds, a built-in iron and board, and a very large TV in every room are also nice.

The gym is very well equipped with great machines and a large selection of free weights as well. The spa and pool/sauna area are also very nice and relaxing. I will definitely be staying in this hotel with my colleagues every time I travel to Guildford in the future.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to the area and for writing your review on this site.

I am delighted to hear the Hotel offered you all you needed to make your stay such an enjoyable one.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future visit to Guildford.