Angel Posting House is perfectly---and terribly---located in the heart of Guildford's shopping district. This area is like all of London compressed, every shop imaginable, lots of restaurants, most of its history concealed by modern chain store fronts, but it is a great and fun place, especially for shoppers. Angel is the only hotel in the heart of things, and it is a special place. Over 500 years old, the hotel is perfectly preserved and wonderfully staffed by truly helpful and friendly people. Be aware of two important factors: first, the hotel has a new and an old section. The new section is in the back and feels claustrophobic and stuffy to me, lower ceilings, inexpensive mid-priced hotel decor. The old section, on the other hand, is the real thing, tall ceilings, a real feeling of great history, and a pleasure to enjoy. But the problem is that the best of these rooms face High Street, and if you are a light sleeper, you will get precious little sleep.
If it weren't for that, Angel would be the perfect place, but I don't know if I'd stay again because I did not like the quieter, newer rooms at all; and i could not stand the late night noise from the wonderful old suites.
Again, I do want to compliment the wonderful staff, a truly pleasant group of people whose smiles and good service make it impossible to complain about anything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Posting House is a a beautiful Boutique Hotel located in the heart of Guildford which has been tastefully styled to encompass the best of British opulance from days-gone-by. Each bedroom lends itself a distinct personality from the next. Our rooms are named after past patrons including; Jane Austin, Oliver Cromwell, Nelson and Lord Byron to name but a few. Offering free wifi, complimentary newspapers and full room service, The Angel Posting House is perfect for a weekend retreat, business users and a family stop-over.The newest addition to Angel Gate is the restaurant, the latest evolution of the hotel's rich history, which brings in a new era of unsurpassed quality dining. Serving a select menu of in-season produce, the food is prepared with passion and care, respecting classic dishes while incorporating recent dining fashions. Our select menu is complemented by our extensive wine list, and staff are on hand to help choose the perfect partner for your chosen dish.Angel's Bar is always on hand as a place to relax and take in the 800yr old surroundings whilst enjoying a bottle of wine, beers from around the world or even a cocktail or two!Whether you're looking for a weekend retreat, a top quality meal, or a meeting place for social occasion, The Angel Posting House is here to offer you our warmest hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Angel Posting House and Livery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Posting House And Livery Hotel Guildford
- Angel Posting Hotel And Livery