I have to say this is a hotel of parts. Firstly, the location cannot be bettered - it is slap bang in the middle of Guildford High Street within easy walking distance of everything in the town centre. I have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful - to the point of offering to carry my case ("just ring down when leaving and we'll pop up to carry it for you"). The rooms are huge and are comfortable, though the zip which joins the two beds together is obtrusive, as there is no mattress topper. The decor is nice, but tired - the rooms could do with a little bit of work to bring them up to really A grade. The attached franchised restaurant is pleasant and fairly reasonable, with good, decent food. Although since I leave for the office around 7 and the restaurant doesn't open till 7.30 for hotel residents, I can't really comment on the breakfasts. The real let down is housekeeping, which is erratic. They provided me with hypoallergenic pillows as requested, but when I asked for a sheet on the bed, they provided it neatly folded on top of the duvet. Likewise in the ordinary double bed only one towel is provided, although two were provided in the Junior Suite. My main bugbear, however, is that housekeeping do not seem to like clearing glasses. They took away dirty cups, but never a glass unless I place it in a dirty cup. It is the little things like this which let this place down. It could be a truly amazing, historical gem of a place. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! Its location and comfort guarantees that. I would however take earplugs, as the noise from the main street can be obtrusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Posting House is a a beautiful Boutique Hotel located in the heart of Guildford which has been tastefully styled to encompass the best of British opulance from days-gone-by. Each bedroom lends itself a distinct personality from the next. Our rooms are named after past patrons including; Jane Austin, Oliver Cromwell, Nelson and Lord Byron to name but a few. Offering free wifi, complimentary newspapers and full room service, The Angel Posting House is perfect for a weekend retreat, business users and a family stop-over.The newest addition to Angel Gate is the restaurant, the latest evolution of the hotel's rich history, which brings in a new era of unsurpassed quality dining. Serving a select menu of in-season produce, the food is prepared with passion and care, respecting classic dishes while incorporating recent dining fashions. Our select menu is complemented by our extensive wine list, and staff are on hand to help choose the perfect partner for your chosen dish.Angel's Bar is always on hand as a place to relax and take in the 800yr old surroundings whilst enjoying a bottle of wine, beers from around the world or even a cocktail or two!Whether you're looking for a weekend retreat, a top quality meal, or a meeting place for social occasion, The Angel Posting House is here to offer you our warmest hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Angel Posting House and Livery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Posting House And Livery Hotel Guildford
- Angel Posting Hotel And Livery