“Great hotel, reasonably priced.”

Holiday Inn Guildford
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
“Great hotel, reasonably priced.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Returned tonight from a great overnight stay here. I was with my daughter for an audition at the nearby university so it was very convenient. It was also a short bus journey into Guildford town centre which was perfect for us to do a bit of exploring.
On arrival our tv remote control was not working and once we reported it the very helpful maintenance man was at our room within seconds and got it sorted. I also requested some extra toiletries and housekeeping were at the door immediately with exactly what we needed.
All the staff throughout the hotel were so friendly and helpful and made our short stay a very pleasant one, including reception staff who were eager to help with all our enquiries.
The pool and changing facilities were spotless, as was our room and the hotel in general. The room was fairly basic but had everything we needed.
The breakfast was fab and 12pm checkout meant we still had time to relax before we left. We will definitely use this hotel again for our next Guildford trip.

Stayed March 2014
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nick Aristodemou, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
swindon
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend break at this hotel.

The food was beautiful, our only disappointment was the childs pizza. It was one piece of square pizza slapped on a huge pile of chips. However the waitress was lovely and made a fuss of our son as it was his birthday.

Breakfast was good and a very special thankyou to Tracey who lit a candle and sang happy
birthday to our son with a chocolate. We also got given a pirate pack. Bless her she was having an awful morning with lack of staff but put herself out for us.

Stayed March 2014
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear diane f,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you had a good stay but disappointed you were not happy with the children's pizza. I will review your comments with our Head Chef. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed sat night great room fab staff in Starbucks minor issue sorted by chinese man in charge of reception eight of us for breakfast in a packed out restaurant thought it was going to be a problem until the loveliest woman came to help us got tables moved for us sorted us drinks nothing was to much trouble some lsd had his birthday she lit a candle gave him some coloring stuff snd got everyone to sing happy birthday priceless!! Tried to tip her when we left she was having none of it dont let that one go bosses we will be back

• Stayed March 2014
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear chrissienfrank,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you had a minor issue but please this was sorted quickly by our Front Office Manager. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was my second visit to HI Guildford last week! I didn't post a review after my first trip here as I didn't quite get round to it. Coming from a hospitality background myself I know how important first impressions are and I really feel I should commend the receptionist who greeted us (Holly/Hope - really sorry I cant remember) she gave us a very warm welcome back, as did every staff member we encountered. Room was immaculate (love the little extras!) and food was delicious! Well done Holiday Inn Guildford - you are an asset to the brand and Management Team - I will most certainly be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Loved room 346!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Paolo F,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Holly and the rest of our team. We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had a fantastic time here for my girlfriends graduation - exceptional customer service and value for money. Clean and comfy rooms, tidy bar and restaurant, large car parking. WIll be staying hear again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Jackj220022,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The English idiom 'Good can come from bad' never ceases to astonish - so many times in life it comes true.
My wife needed to attend the Royal Surrey Hospital (A short stay operation) so two nights at the nearby Holiday Inn seemed perfect. However the booking went haywire and on our arrival on Monday the 3rd March, my wife and I were expecting difficulties.
(She required a large comfortable bed well away from me!! And by error, we had been allocated two singles and before that had occurred we had been booked-in on the wrong dates.)
Within only seconds of introducing ourselves and explaining the problems we were immediately greeted as if we were family members of the Group's senior management.
From then on, all the staff members we came across were polite, helpful and did all they could to make our stay as pleasurable as was possible.
The General Manager - Nick - was equally as caring and has willingly taken on the task to establish why our booking went so wrong.
The suite was just what the doctor ordered, as was the food and general ambiance.
It sounds rather odd to say that despite the unpleasant reason for our return to Guildford, we really enjoyed our time at the Holiday Inn and would recommend it unreservedly.
Nick and his team were better than good - they were excellent and we are very grateful.
Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John46Woking,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the bed. The shower was extremely powerful which was great. Huge choice of fresh cooked breakfast. I was really pleased however with the service I received everywhere I went in the hotel. The staff could not be more helpful. Would defo stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Sambaha,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you would describe the service you received as 5 star. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.