“very good gastro pub”

Ranked #99 of 286 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Pub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in the beautiful village of Shalford, just a mile from Guildford. The Seahorse serves a menu to attract a wide range of guests. Our chefs bring a wealth of experience & passion, and demonstrate knowledge of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, our guests can choose a bottle from our well-stocked cellar and well kept Ales.
Guildford, Surrey
“very good gastro pub”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

If I want a nice pub lunch or laid back evening meal I go here. The food and bar is good quality although service can be quite slow. Once you've got your food order in then it's great!

Great place for a relaxing evening or weekend afternoon. Some good value deals and sharing platters as well as gastro pub options.

Definitely worth a try!

Guildford
“Top Quality Food and Service!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited here tonight with my patner sister in law and our two young children. The food was outstanding! Amazing choice of drinks. Service with a smile and everything we asked for was done, no asking twice. The children were catered for with perfection. Just 100% a brilliant place to eat chill and drink! Will be returning very soon.

Woking, United Kingdom
“Nice place but don't be in a rush”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like to use this place to meet friends. It is fairly popular but has a really efficient on-line booking system which I recommend. I note previous comments about limited parking. Personally I like to meet up in Guildford and then enjoy the 20-25 minute walk largely along the river to the restaurant. I like the food - it is gastro-pub style and reliable. The fixed price menu offers limited choice but good value and quality and is perfect for lunch. In winter there is a log fire and a nice warm atmosphere and in summer you can dine al-fresco. My only criticism is that on each occasion I have been (5 or 6) I have been warmly welcomed served my drinks and food and then largely forgotten as staff seem to lose interest as the pace slackens and they can chat away amongst themselves or just mysteriously fade away! My attitude to paying for service therefore fades at the same rate as the meal progresses. However if you are not rushed you will like this place

• Visited March 2013
Windlesham
“French girls meet up”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

5 of us met at seahorse 28th feb having been warned by staff member when booking that they were very busy and could be service delays!!!!! However we had an extremely pleasant experience all staff helpful and friendly and the food delicious. The restraunt has certainly gone up a notch since last visit in oct12..... We just want to compliment the staff on their attentiveness and congratulate the manager on his team...we will be back

• Visited February 2013
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Linguine!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The linguine is amazing - everyone recommended it to loves it also.
Very nice atmosphere and setting.