“A pleasant experience”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We found the staff to be very polite and charming. The restaurant has a pleasant environment about it, subtle lighting and comfortable chairs. The food was all very tasty from an extensive menu. The service was a little slow, it took a long time for the main course to come after the starter when the restaurant wasn't full but it didn't matter as were not in a hurry. At the end my girlfriend was presented with a red rose to take home and we were offered complimentary liqueurs with the bill.

1  Thank Pitcairn

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just moved to guildford last week. had'nt settled in yet.Went In a few days ago for the first time with my family, an I was knocked of my feet regarding the food and service. It's nice and clean, the waiters are just the best. They are bubbly, charming and very knowledgable about their food. Felt very comfortable. I had been recommended the chicken tikka on the sizzler and chicken dansak. Superb. Felt in love with the succulent unique taste which deserved to get eaten till there is no crumbs left. Was informed about a sunday buffet. cant wait for that day.100% coming back.

2  Thank Osiur
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Every so often there's a small Indian restaurant that surpasses itself, this is Guildford's! I've eaten many Indians over the years and I know that no two are the same, if you ask 100 Indian chefs to each cook their own korma or tikka massala, then you'll have 100 completely different tasting curries. Thankfully this place serves the best flavour and recipe I have ever tasted. It's a small place and we're always greeted by the same waiters with a friendly smile and handshake, and my girlfriend often leaves with a flower. Service is quick and I enjoy every bite of this Indian delight.

5  Thank PFedrigo
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Worst naan bread ever had. Curries not that great. Very friendly staff when picked up takeaway and gave us free bottle of wine. Was all downhill after that....

1  Thank Dee B
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We will always choose The Cinnamon Tree, Guildford as our first choice for a meal out or even a takeaway! The waiters are like friends to us as we have been going there since they moved from Tunsgate, Guildford to Woodbridge Road. The food is flavoursome and they give you hearty portions! My favourite is Chicken Dhansak and order it most times. The pickles are very moreish eaten with your poppadoms! We visit every week be it eat in or takeaway. For special occasions birthdays etc, they will decorate the table with sparkle bits plus put balloons overhead, also they provide a celebratory cake, which not many other restaurants provide! All in all we will always eat at the Cinnamon Tree, Guildford. Please try it and see if i'm right.

1  Thank dreams22
Jack w, Manager at The Cinnamon Tree, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your compliment and we are very happy to serve you here.