“Delicious food and lovely ambiance!”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #7 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a great find! My partner and I wanted to take his father to an upscale pub for some British cuisine during his visit and this place fit the bill. It had a nice cozy feel to it and we were welcomed with smiles. The boys had the game platter, which was well received and I had the salmon special which was spectacular. Pumpkin crème brûlée was yummy, also! Only reason for 4 instead of 5 was that the staff forgot about us in the end and we had to flag them down for the check. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank HollisterRanchGirl

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I've eaten here quite a bit over the last few years for Sunday lunches and dinner and generally the food has been of an excellent standard especially the evening meals. There's a wide variety of specials - lots of fish - that are wonderfully cooked and the Steak and Ale pie is number one on my wife's dying wish meal request! (sorry for the morbidity).
Staff are really friendly and service is good.
On the 'slight' downside the pub had a overhaul a couple of years ago and although very chic its now more of a restaurant than a pub so if you're looking to just have a drink or prop up the bar after a country walk you might feel its a bit 'posh'
I know people who travel regularly from quite a distance for a meal here. - All in all - highly recommended!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

A very warm and cosy environment with rustic decor. Not somewhere to go to if you want to linger as the service is very fast. 2 minutes after we sat down we were brought the wine menu, 2 minutes after that we ordered drinks and the service continued this way. The starters came out so fast we hadn't even started on our wine. If you like a speedy meal then have no fear as you will not be kept waiting. This isn't to say that the service is bad but just a little quick for my liking! I had steak and my partner had fish cakes which were both fine, not amazing but not bad either. It was nice to try but it wouldn't be my first choice to rush back to

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We visits on an autumnal Sunday. The pub was full but we were served quickly which being with our 2 children was helpful. The food was absolutely delicious, tender roast dinners and tasty. They were family friendly, efficient and served great food. What else could we wish for?

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was looking for an out of the way place for dinner with relatively new partner; somewhere quiet and unusual to impress her a bit. After reading many reviews on Trip Advisor I settled on the Queens Head- and couldn't be happier with my choice.
The pub is tucked away in a small village and gives you the feeling you've stumbled upon an almost hidden secret. It's very well presented with a great blend of modern design integrated into an old building. The staff were extremely helpful, attentive, without being intrusive, and knowledgeable about the specials of the day. When it came to the food it was beyond reproach, we chose for a sharing platter to start and the biggest steak known to man.
In summary there is simply nothing I can say that is bad about this venue and would whole heartly recommend it to others- we'll be back for sure.

2  Thank James O