“Good lunches and popular at weekends.”
Review of The Drummond

The Drummond
Ranked #131 of 286 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The cream of Guildford pubs. You'll find The Drummond just outside Guildford Cricket Club, but you won't find another like it. There's always something good on, even if it's just in the culinary sense, so park yourself on one of our old-school bar stools and indulge in a plate of superb seasonal pub food, which you can see being freshly prepared in our open kitchen. Plus we've got more wines, spirits and speciality beers than you can shake a wicket keeper at. Put it this way, we know our Pilsner from our Peroni. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to review us! We appreciate all feedback and look forwards to seeing you again soon or meeting you for the first time.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good lunches and popular at weekends.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My local (although I'm not in there every week!) Good lunches ranging from sandwiches (with chips) through to pies, bangers, fish and deserts. Draught real ales and a selection of lagers and ciders on tap. Very popular on Friday and Saturday nights as a stop on the way to the late night bars and clubs in the town centre.

Visited December 2012

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Good food, Good atmosphere”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great Pub in Guildford - Good food, and quick service. We were there with a large group and was really impressed that the food all came out together and that it all looked great.

Visited December 2012
surrey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fantastic,myself, my partner and our daughter went. The food was superb and very good value, staff were great and very welcoming

Visited September 2012
Charlwood, United Kingdom
“Maybe it was just me”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We had 5 for lunch at The Drummond on Sunday. I wasn't impressed with my food while the other 4 were happy with theirs.
It was just a quick visit, we had nothing in for dinner and decided to eat Sunday lunch out.
Parking was difficult until I found that the pub has a small car park behind the premises. We were shown to our table and sat their for nearly 10 minutes waiting for service until I decided that perhaps we needed to order at the bar. It would have helped if someone explained that when we were ushered in.
We had 1 roast chicken with a side of seasonal veg, 2 pork and chorizo burgers, 1 cheese burger and a fried halo uni and couscous. The veg option was very tasty by all accounts. The burgers were all BBQ'd, I.e very blackened on outside, moist and barely pink inside. While I like the inside like that, the outside was tooooo charred for me.
The fries were very, very thin French fries and not to my liking. Mine were also only barely warm.
As we were in a hurry, I didn't raise any of my concerns with the staff. I just paid the £70 including drinks.

Oops, forgot about the season veg. These were more of a stir fry veg miscellany with finely sliced mini celery, leeks, spring onions and whole sugar snap peas. Not what I expected and really to the taste of those who ordered them.

So I'm only awarding 3 out of 5 but I would go back and have another try.

Guildford
“Eclectic pub good food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I quite often come here for an evening meal or Sunday lunch. They have a good selection of beers, nice seasonal menu, tasty food and friendly staff.

Visited July 2012