“You will love it!”
Review of Wilderness Guides Day Tours - CLOSED

Wilderness Guides Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness Guides offer guided day and overnight canoeing trips on the beautiful lochs and rivers on the west coast of Scotland. Our guides are fully qualified with years of experience and a passion for their sport. Wilderness Guides are perfectly located at the start of the famous Great Glen trail and canoe hire and camping kit rental are also available.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful day out in Loch Moidart full of arm exercise and marvellous views.
The landscape surrounding Loch Moidart worths every paddle stroke; It is the wildest place I have ever been. We visited Tioram Castle and we had lunch in a nice cove (including tea from a Kelly kettle and homemade cookies... nom nom nom...!). We also saw a far otter, a sea eagle, among other animals. But anything can beat that magical moment when we were surrounded by tens of stealthy seals that had slid clumsily from the nearby rocks.

Chris is an unbeatable guide. He looked after us very well and enriched the experience with his extensive knowledge of the wildlife and the region.
Moreover, the gear and equipment provided is very new and it is in very good conditions.

I would definitely book another tour with Wilderness Guides Day Tours.

There are newer reviews for Wilderness Guides Day Tours

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Chris took a group of us out on the lough for a day of leisurely canoeing, a great day was had by all! Our days canoeing was a welcome break after a long day scurrying up mountains in the relentless Scottish rain the preivous day.
Apart from enjoying the beach, the scenery, and of course the diversity of wildife, we enjoyed our day with Chris whose knowledge of the area and wildlife added to the experience. I would highly recommend a day on the lough for a leisurely paddle with Chris (he's also a nice guy... fresh tea and homemade cookies).

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I are avid canoeists in Canada and we thought it would be fun to get out on the water and do a day trip canoeing with Wilderness Guides (in our case to Loch Garry, which is close to where we were staying in Fort Augustus). Good decision! Chris, the co-owner, was our guide, and the canoeing, conversation and overall experience was quite enjoyable. A relatively easy paddle on flat water but a full day nonetheless with beautiful Scottish views and hardly a person in sight. We were joined by a very nice family from Cornwall that was new to the experience but did very well with Chris's guidance and through their own efforts. Their presence added a lot to the overall experience. For people who like the outdoors and want to do something a bit different and not "touristy", we highly recommend this outing with Chris.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I rented canoes from Chris and Anita in 2013 for the Great Glen Canoe Trail and was very impressed with the level of service that went with this, which included a wealth of advice on likely conditions, the best places to camp along the route, weather forecasts and a reassuring contact if any advice was needed during the trip as well, of course, as their very good drop off and pick up service.

I have since attended a two day skills course and Chris has gone above and beyond what I would expect, with a very personal and tailored service. I have received not only excellent coaching in essential canoeing skills tailored to my paddling ambitions, but also offering great advice on boats as I am now looking to buy one, I've had such a great time!

Wilderness Guides have genuine passion for the sport and the outdoors and strike a great balance between safety and support and allowing their clients to experience the freedom and independence canoeing offers. I really couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Ian - Aberdeenshire

1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed April 20, 2014

One adult and two children in a canoe sounded like a disaster waiting to happen but along came Chris who transformed the day into a superb family day out. His patience and manner with the children was fabulous and they had a great day, his attention to detail with tea and cake and his knowledge of the local area both with the history and natural surroundings made it a really great day for all. Loch Moidart is absolutely stunning and peaceful, long may it stay that way. Will be back for another trip for certain.