“Excellent b and b”
Review of Torlundy House B&B

Torlundy House B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Torlundy B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

6 of us stayed for 2 nights in September and really appreciated the welcome , the clean modern spacious rooms , the excellent breakfast cooked by Michael , his helpful provision of information , and his even greater helpfulness in drying wet clothes and boots after a wet day on Ben Nevis !!! All in all a great choice .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks cobrajude for your kind comments. I am just pleased we did manage to dry out all your wet stuff so you could get on the next day in comfort. Yours was a lively group and we enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Torlundy House. Michael is a great host and prepares a superb breakfast. He also gave us a lot of very usefull information on the area. The rooms are nice, comfortable and very clean. This was by far the best B&B we visited in Scotland during our trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow, that is good Freek H, I am sure there are other excellent places in Scotland, but it is great to know your experience here was good. It was great to talk to you both and also help you get the most out of your time in the area. I hope to see you back here one day so you can find some more good places to visit in the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Torlundy House in August 2012. We were very well received, got amazing tips and a delicious Scottish breakfast. I certainly recommend it. The area itself is beautiful and quiet. I don't know if it is easy to access without a car, but I didn't need to look into that. Fort Williams is a beautiful part of Scotland - in fact I think that everything in Scotland is beautiful - and places like Torlundy House just make things perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Ana B, it was good to have you and your sister staying with us, we enjoyed your company, and we share your enthusiam for Scotland and the West Highlands in particular. Thank you for telling others, very best wished to you both.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Torlundy in early September 2012. The hospitality provided by Michael is welcoming and generous in every respect. Our double bedroom was a very good size, with a comfortable 5ft bed.Tea and coffee making facilities were provided ,as well as bottles of water and biscuits. The en suite shower room was spotless . The guests lounge, full of books and maps, was very comfortable and a relaxing place to sit at the end of the day. From the dining room there are marvellous views and we will not forget eating a delicious breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs whilst looking at Ben Nevis. We would thoroughly recommend Torlundy to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

What else can I say to you "tasteoftourismZante" but thank you as you have summed up what we do our best to provide for guests here at Torlundy House. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us. That view of the Ben from our dining room never fails to enthrall us as well as it changes with the seasons and the light during the day, never the same.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I knew that Torlundy House would provide an enjoyable experience from my initial phone call with Michael, and our stay exceeded expectations. From the pot of tea and cakes on arrival to our final chat over breakfast the whole experience became a special part of
our short break to travel on the Jacobite. Michael has created a warm and friendly atmosphere for guests in his home with all the amenities one could require. We really look forward to another visit in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Fantastic Anne K, I am so pleased you had a good experience when staying with us and I look forward to seeing you back here again one day.

The Jacobite is a good experience, the nostalgia of a steam train, but above all I think the scenic route of the railway through the Western Highlands.

Thank you for telling others of your experience here.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first time in a B&B travelling abroad. It was the first of 4 during our little road trip. Pulling up to the B&B, our first sight was of the neat and colourful gardens. Michael gave us a warm and friendly welcome. Lounge, dining room and bedrooms are all on the main floor - no stairways for those with heavy luggage. He graciously answered our questions and offered some information on dining in nearby Fort William (too far to walk, perhaps, but not far by any stretch). The room was quite spacious and, honestly, they had thought of everything; there was nothing we needed that wasn't provided. Everything was spotless and shining. The bathroom was immaculate and the bed very comfy. Being in a quiet, off-the-main-road area, we slept pretty soundly! Breakfast the next morning was full and delicious, prepared by Michael himself. It's obvious that he takes great pride in his ability to cater to people's needs and comforts. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Torlundy House and would definately recommend it to any travellers passing through the Fort William area. If our travels take us back that way, I know that we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
torlundytrip, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

What can I say Pamela B, but that I am glad we provided you with a good introduction the B&Bs. Thank you for your comments and recommendations for other travellers.

Here at Torlundy House we really want people to enjoy their stay, we want our Guest House to leave them with a really good memory of a wonderful holiday in Scotland.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay here again if you come back to Scotland.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was warmly greeted, by name, by Michael, when I arrived. The accomodations and the open area, as well as the exterior, were clearly new and clean. Michael took polite interest in my vacation plans in the area, offering helpful suggestions on my day excursion on the steam train to Mallaig. He also recommended some local dining for my evening meal, two for which he had coupons for a price reduction. This was very helpful.
The breakfast was high-class--well-prepared, attractively presented, and most importantly--delicious!! The black pudding, he noted, was prepared by local butchers and he finished it nicely. I wish I had tried the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (which I caught a peak of from one of the other morning diners). It looked exquisite.
Travelling alone, I had the small single room. It was well laid out, and I was surprised at the size of the shower/toilet facilities which were also very, very clean. The glass sparkled. (I don't know how he does it.) The bed was comfortable and I slept well.
If my travels take me back to the area, I would stay at Torlundy House again, and I do recommend it to other travelers.
All the best!
Scott

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

ScOTTMc we look forward to seeing you back in Scotland in the future and I hope we will be able to offer you a room again as it was a pleasure having you stay here.

I am really pleased that your short stay with us was memorable for the right reasons and next time you must try the smoked salmon for breakfast.

Very best wishes to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torlundy
Premier Inn Fort William Hotel
#3 of 111 in Fort William
Ardarroch Cottage B&B
Ardarroch Cottage B&B
#1 of 1 in Kinlocheil

Been to Torlundy House B&B? Share your experiences!