“Educational and Unique”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Juniper Hall Field Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: FSC Juniper Hall is a residential field centre offering field trips for school, college and university groups of all ages. The centre also runs natural history courses, arts courses, family holidays, school holiday clubs and occasional community events. Please note Juniper Hall and its grounds are not open to the public as an attraction. Find out more about the centre and courses on offer on the website.
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I visited this centre with my 10 year old daughter for a "Family Open Day" on Saturday 28th January 2011.
Juniper Hall is set in a breathtaking countryside location and the building itself is very old and beautiful. It is a bit in need of a cash injection inside, and a bit creaky in places, but that simply adds to its charm.
In the 2/3 hours that we were there we had a fantastic time despite the weather being very cold. We took part in small (humane) animal trapping, mini-beast exploration, games and looking at our "finds" under a microscope. This part was facinating, as much for the adults as for the children, as I haven't done this since I was at school!
My daughter loved it and wants to go again.
The staff were incredibly relaxed, approachable and knowledgeable, with plenty on hand for questions.
We were also treated to some rather delightful cakes and tea/hot chocolate too!
This event was a free "taster" session, but I understand that there are more planned for later in the year, which we would be most interested in going to. The staff welcomed our feedback and want to make improvements in the future.

6  Thank KatManDoo24

Reviewed September 20, 2010

We went on a 3 day course called "Mammals all arround us" which involved us safely trapping and releasing bank voles and woodmice,exploring Box hill looking at the fauna and flora and fungi,and sometime was spent in the classroom. Our tutor,Chris,was excellent and made the course interesting and informative. The house and grounds are idyllic,the food was excellent and there was plenty of it. The cake in the afternoons was delicious! I would thoroughly recommend Juniper Hall. All the staff are friendly and helpful and my daughter had a brilliant time!

7  Thank janetstaines
Reviewed August 5, 2010

we had a fab stay at Juniper last month - food was good, learnt lots, tutors were informative and fun to be around and above all the location is excellent to do fieldwork. You would never know you were so close to London

7  Thank Happyharry55
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I enjoyed my stay!
Nice food, friendly staff, lovely setting, and free WiFi.
I had a very enjoyable course and learnt allot in my time there, the most fun part being playing with the interactive whiteboards.

16  Thank GographyMan