“Absolutely Fabulous . . . .”

Denbies Farmhouse Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 12 Dorking B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous . . . .”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been a regular at Denbies Farmhouse B&B for over a year having first spotted it on LateRooms.com and I've never got around to reviewing here for others until now.
Right from the start ( September 2012) I have been made to feel very welcome by Paul and his team who totally spoil me. I always get the same room which looks north up the vineyard to the woodland beyond. It is a nice quiet place to stay and the amenities are great.
I have read a few reviews on here and it almost sounds like some folk are experiencing a totally different place to me. :-/

The Farmhouse is set in the vineyard and has fabulous views at all times of year. It is great to wake up and look across the peaceful rows of vines. In the early morning this is home to dog walkers and joggers.
The "in-room" amenities are thoughtful and of a good quality. Free Wifi is a bonus as so many places charge for this basic need. The selection of beverages and free still and sparkling water is a nice touch.
Breakfast is served in the conservatory at the side of the Farmhouse overlooking the garden and vineyard beyond. On offer are a full English and all you can eat continental buffet including selection of fruit, fruit juice, yoghurts, cereals etc. and teas and freshly brewed coffee.
All in all Denbies Farmhouse B&B is a fabulous place to stay and makes my business travel a whole lot easier to bear.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view so there is not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have just had an overnight stay at the farmhouse on a Groupon deal and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room ( we had No.7) was on the ground floor and was spotlessly clean. Plenty of tea/coffee/bottled water and biscuits on a complementary tray. We were greeted both when we arrived and at breakfast the next morning most hospitably. My husband is gluten free and that was no problem for them or in the gallery restaurant where we had our evening meal.
The only thing I would mention is that a torch would be useful for when you go to the restaurant for dinner as it is a short walk round the corner but quite dark.
All in all it was a lovely stay and we have absolutely no complaints at all.
Can't wait for the next deal!

Stayed March 2014
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Been looking at other reviews a lot were good and a couple were bad so I was not sure what to expect. What a warm welcome we got on arrival when we got to the room it was a good size and lovely and clean, with large towels and all the things that a hotel would supply. All this from a B&B.
I can't see what other people had to complain about I slept very well and what a wonderful breakfast. I stay in a lot of chain hotels so it was a great to have that personal touch that this place offers. I will be back again and again

Room Tip: Room 1 is a good room to have
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Found this place on Groupon didn't know it existed What a wonderful place Aaron and Kat who looked after us were lovely Our room was spacious comfortable and clean I especially enjoyed the shower The vineyard is amazing look forward to exploring more Thanks we really enjoyed our stay Cheers Marion and Phil

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Marion7910
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed midweek as part of a Groupon bed and breakfast with wine tour and tasting. Room 3 front left.

The first thing I noticed as we entered the room was the massive stain on the ceiling and the wall paper was lifting off the wall. This was of course due to the chimney leaking water into the room which was now all wrapped in heavy tarpaulin. The room was very basic and felt uncared for unlike the other rooms which are shown online to have nice coloured painted feature walls with nice ornaments and bottles of Denbies wines on the shelves. The carpet appeared not to have been hoovered as I found a variety of dead insects, food and bits on the carpet as shown in the photos. The wallpaper by the windows was missing in several places. The reading light over the desk was not working and there was no information about the free wi-fi code in the welcome book in the room.

There is a varied selection of coffee, tea, juice sachets and biscuits. However one blackcurrant sachets had been drunk already and the glass was still dirty with the blackcurrant stain! Really!!!

The bed was very small and very uncomfortable and pillows were lumpy. It made an annoying noise every time we moved.

Things did not improve in the bathroom with the flooring feeling dirty, dangerously cracked tile with an exposed, serrated edge at the side of the bath. The nasty toilet cleaner holder was unhygienic, looking rusty and horrid.

I did not sleep well at all and due to this was not refreshed the following day. The breakfast selection was good.

The overall experience was exhausting and disappointing. To award 4 stars for this establishment is a joke. I recommend you look at what 4 star accommodation does look like. Everything here is very dated and unkept with little/no attention to detail. Cannot understand where all the good reviews have come from.

Room Tip: Would not recommend.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Michael R
West Sussex, England
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a groupon deal. The owners were friendly. when we got into our room we quickly noticed there was a moldy half eaten pot of pate on the window sill! How we noticed it within minutes but the person that cleaned the room before had not noticed it is beyond me!
The amenities are good, good selection of shampoo, conditioner etc. There is also a good selection of coffee, tea and juice sachets. However one of the juice sachets had been drunk already and the empty packet placed back into the cup! Again this went unnoticed!
The worst thing about our stay was the bed, it was very small for a double, very uncomfortable, it made a terrible noise every time we moved. The pillows were lumpy and all different, and the duvet was very very thick and way too big for the bed.
It was one of the worst nights sleep we both had! The next day I had awful back ache from the bed. At the end of the day this is a bed and breakfast, and if the bed isn't great, it kind of defeats the purpose!
The breakfast in the morning was served in a lovely room and the tables were made up nicely. We both had a cooked breakfast, I'm a veggie so I could only have the mushroom, beans and tomato (I don't eat egg). I was disappointed to see there was no veggie option offered such as veggie sausages.
My fiancè had a full English. We both agreed the breakfast was nice but the portions were quite small and we were left feeling still hungry afterwards!
All in all the bed and breakfast is in a stunning location and is very tranquil, the staff were friendly, and the facilities were clean. However more attention to detail is needed, and going home from your weekend away feeling exhausted is not exactly what you want from your mini break!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank billiet25
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a wonderful B&B! It has great facilities, staff and wonderful breakfast. You couldn't ask for more. We have stayed here more than once and all of the rooms are well appointed and have the same facilities. The beds are very comfortable (everyone has their own bed preference). Some people have commented in the past about the place not having a Bar, a Lounge or serving evening meals - it is a traditional B&B therefore there will be no Bar, Lounge or evening meals. This takes nothing away from the place, it is wonderful and the manager Paul already goes above and beyond in quality of service! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jo3456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorking
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dorking
Thatchers Hotel
Thatchers Hotel
#3 of 3 in Leatherhead

Been to Denbies Farmhouse Accommodation? Share your experiences!