“Beautifully cooked well presented food”
Review of The Dukes Head

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dorking
The Dukes Head
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dorking
Lincolnshire UK
“Beautifully cooked well presented food”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

No indication that this is a hotel any more so the TripAdvisor title is possibly misleading. Plenty of parking outside. The interior is basic but we were given a friendly welcome and well looked after all evening. The printed menu has reasonable choice and there were some interesting specials on a blackboard. We also noted another board with an extensive selection of vegetarian options.

Our meals were excellent. Beautifully cooked and perfectly presented. Excellent value. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pjlincs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Popped in again whilst visiting family - yet another good meal with good service. This is the one pub that I shall make the effort to visit for dinner whilst visiting relatives!

Keep up the good work :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank outoftowngirl56
Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We called in yesterday after playing golf at Slinfold. My wife Rosie and I sat in the spacious garden, had a couple of really good house spicy burgers washed down with a bottle of Excellant wine, recommended by the guy behind the bar. He was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. A couple of hours later we continued our homeward trip to Cobham. We have some good pubs in Cobham but the Dukes Head topped them all! This is a genuine, non related opinion of the Dukes Head and we unreservedly recommend the place to you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RONE1942
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good selection on the Menu we had a delightful three course meal very well cooked and presented, good drinks selection beers ,lagers, ciders, wines etc All the staff were very friendly
and made us feel very welcome nothing was to much trouble .Would recommend the DUKES HEAD to everyone. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jean S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

3 friends and I recently had the pleasure of eating at the Dukes head. The food is home made, well presented and most importantly very tasty. The menu is plentiful, something for everyone The staff are so friendly which makes for a lovely atmosphere. Parking is easy with lots of room in the carpark. I think this place is a little gem and will definately visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank gel t
Yateley, UK
Reviewed April 14, 2013

So, as I was born in Dorking I have passed this place a thousand times - and probably correctly judging by the OLD reviews. But since the refurb and latest people took it on, I saw the Tripadvisor reports and gave it a go ... and so glad I did too.

Now - "niggles" - the menu is quite short, but there is something there for everyone. Whether you could eat there 2 nights running or not ... I may struggle. BUT - my wife is veggie and the veggie choices were fantastic! Not on the regular menu, by the veggie specials were great (so yes .. I WOULD eat there 2 days in a row!)

Another "niggle" - the beer was "OK". I love a decent pint of real ale, and this was not as fresh as I would like, but there are loads of reasons for this, so again ... no big deal.

Now - the positives. Fantastic staff! Seriously the best service I have ever had in Dorking. lovely, attentive without being over the top, and just so friendly!

Food - the best chips I have ever had! They were perfect, crunchy on the outside and like the best mash ever on the inside ... fantastic!

Cuban Burger ... I loved it. Top 5 burgers I have ever had. You could taste the meat as well as the gentle spices.

I bet they do a great Sunday lunch ... and I am aiming for this soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pete2306
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Decided to try out the Dukes Head for a family meal and am very glad that we gave it a chance - I remember this pub from many years ago and it has undergone great changes

The staff are lovely, the food was really well cooked and presented and it was also priced well, Husband was pleased with the choice of beer available too.

Will return on our next visit South

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank outoftowngirl56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorking
De Vere Wotton House
Gatton Manor
Gatton Manor
#4 of 8 in Dorking
Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant

Been to The Dukes Head? Share your experiences!