We checked in on saturday morning and were told that a £175.00 security deposit would be needed from my card. I was at no point advised to use a credit card rather than my debit card. Then on sunday morning I paid my bill of £142. Checking my account later in the day £175.00 was unavailable funds because the hotel had not released the authorisation for the day I checked in. I had to speak to the hotel 3 times and the money finally went back into my account 3 full days after I checked out. This is not what you expect from a hotel where the cost of an overnight stay is £125. I have stayed in far more expensive hotels and never had this issue.
Overall the hotel is ok, a nice swimming pool, but the location isn't great just off a busy roundabout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Mercure Burford Bridge sits at the foot of Box Hill, with the Mole River running at the bottom of the spectaculargardens. With 57 en suite rooms, the hotel is ideal for visiting the historic town of Dorking and the scenic surroundings. Easilyaccessible via the M25, Junction 9, the hotel is 12 miles from London Gatwick Airport, 1 mile from Dorking train station. 2 AA Rosette winning restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge. 7 conference and banqueting rooms, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel Dorking, Surrey, UK