This hotel at the foot of the now famous (Olympics road race) Box Hill has a certain olde world charm, creaky floorboards, mazey corridors.
It is a disappointing place to stay on business. Stayed twice recently both times the beds were over soft, the second time the room was ridiculously small. So small that I was unable to sit at the desk provided as the chair could not come out far enough before hitting the bed. The room (209 for those wishing to avoid) also suffered from 24hr running water from a presumably nearby pipe, it was like living in a running toilet cistern.
The breakfast was nice only problem is they seem to alternate randomly between buffet and table service which meant missing out on my eggs because I hadn't enough time before my taxi arrived.
Overall I prefer other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Mercure Burford Bridge sits at the foot of Box Hill, with the Mole River running at the bottom of the spectaculargardens. With 57 en suite rooms, the hotel is ideal for visiting the historic town of Dorking and the scenic surroundings. Easilyaccessible via the M25, Junction 9, the hotel is 12 miles from London Gatwick Airport, 1 mile from Dorking train station. 2 AA Rosette winning restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge. 7 conference and banqueting rooms, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel Dorking, Surrey, UK