I am a business traveller and without sounding arrogant, I've stayed at a lot of the "big name" hotels. Please let me tell you: I'd happily swap the Hiltons, Mövenpick's, Radissons etc... for this charming hotel Dorking. I have had the pleasure of staying there twice now and to me this feels like home from home. The furnishings are cosy, the gardens wonderfully well kept (even in winter), the food is absolutely gorgeous (I enjoyed the carrot & corriander soup followed by chicken in red-wine sauce with mashed potatoes and a selection of vegetables and after I had finished my meal, I asked the waitress if it were possible to take the chef home with me!). The rooms in the back building come with their own balcony / garden, which made me feel like I was staying in private accommodation. I had to laugh when I first entered the room and saw the bed - very big and with lots of pillows, this is what I imagine the bed of Sleeping Beauty must have looked like. And sleep, I did. Very well indeed (which I usually can't when I'm not in my own bed). The beds are very comfortable, room temperature just perfect and the hotel is quiet during the night. A definite plus!!. My biggest compliments and thanks, however, go to the staff. All of them were extremely attentive and not just friendly but warm-hearted. I do believe they genuinely try to make you feel at home. Last not least, they hotel has an extra bonus feature: it is home to a beautiful cat called "Kat". She lives on the hotel grounds and everyone guests and staff look after her. I like this a lot. I will definitely will not stay anywhere else but the Burford Bridge next time I'm over in Surrey to visit our UK office. I recommend that other hotels send their staff to this little gem to learn how to make travellers happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Mercure Burford Bridge sits at the foot of Box Hill, with the Mole River running at the bottom of the spectaculargardens. With 57 en suite rooms, the hotel is ideal for visiting the historic town of Dorking and the scenic surroundings. Easilyaccessible via the M25, Junction 9, the hotel is 12 miles from London Gatwick Airport, 1 mile from Dorking train station. 2 AA Rosette winning restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge. 7 conference and banqueting rooms, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel Dorking, Surrey, UK