Nice friendly staff on arrival and up to my room. It was very nice, roomy with a desk and armchair. The tea making facilities were hiden in the wardrobe, the TV was partly obscured when you led in bed, which was actually very comfy.
A really nice roomy bathroom with very hot water.
We ate in the bar in the evening and "Shock Horror" the prices were more what you would expect in central London. £13 for a "Plain Burger" and an extortonate £4 for a pint of Fosters. My colleague had a Duck noodle dish and three glasses of wine and her bill was £35. Ridiculous. Good job the nibbles were free. I am by no means tight, but I detest being ripped off for drinks.
Any way a decent nights sleep and down to breakfast, which I have to say was fine, nice poached eggs and lovely toast.
At £114 for B&B it was a little bit too much for the standard you get. I have stayed in a lot better for a lot less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Mercure Burford Bridge sits at the foot of Box Hill, with the Mole River running at the bottom of the spectaculargardens. With 57 en suite rooms, the hotel is ideal for visiting the historic town of Dorking and the scenic surroundings. Easilyaccessible via the M25, Junction 9, the hotel is 12 miles from London Gatwick Airport, 1 mile from Dorking train station. 2 AA Rosette winning restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge. 7 conference and banqueting rooms, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel Dorking, Surrey, UK