Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
$47
  • Restaurant
$79
Gatton Manor(Dorking)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstithe barnafternoon teaoutdoor poolgarden roomwedding receptioncream teafinger sandwicheswedding venuewedding breakfastset menulovely hotelvisited this hoteloverlooking the gardenbusy roadbar menusunday morningwhole experience
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on an ad hoc whim - Could not fault it at all
Front Office reception staff (a young lad) was extremely friendly and helpful.
Room was large , clean with all mod cons that you would expect from a Mercure, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

Very useful location for Box Hill, but we walked across the road (useful subway under the A24) and took a train from the adjacent station - Boxhill and Westhumble, for a night out in Epsom.....

Couldn't have worked out better!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
tijhuis, General Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your very kind comments on tripadvisor. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such a positive experience at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel.
I will pass your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Free parking across the road from the hotel
Check was friendly and efficient
Garden room was very good. Well presented with modern decoration, very clean. Small balcony with chairs and table over looking the garden. Modern Tv, tea making, water all provided in the room. Nice comfortable bed.
Bathroom was ok, shower only.

Used the bar which offered friendly service, rather limited choice of draught beer.

Had breakfast in the room which was excellent, good service, standard of food and arrived spot on time.

I would be happy to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
tijhuis, General Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for posting your thoughts on tripadvisor. I am glad you had a good stay with us at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel in Dorking. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Huntingdon
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotl on 4 different occasions in the last 2 months, because it is local to my place of work.
I would not have breakfast here, £16.50 for buffet and cooked is not good value when the cooked is not fresh. I had scrambled egg which seemed like it had been cooked the day before and the tomato also.
Uprated rooms are good, although I had to complain on 2 occasions that the air con wasn't working; the ceiling lights did not come on and rooms at the front are not good value as there is always noise from the A24. The advert that says you get uprated toiletries in the uprated rooms is not true, they are all the same.
The last time I satayed the paying policy had changed which meant I couldn't charge to my room because I was using a debit card. Ordering room service meant I had to go to reception to pay, they did waive the tray charge though.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback.
I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and your feedback will help us to improve on our services. We are reviewing our breakfast pricing within the company. I will feedback your thoughts on this to the breakfast committee. All the hot food is cooked to order during the week and served from a buffet over the weekends. All airconditioning and heating units are in a good condition at present and I apologize for any shortcomings you have experienced during your stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

What a great little find! Stayed here for two nights. Basic clean rooms with good powerful shower. Lovely service at reception- really went extra mile to help me out. And a bonus the breakfast was delicious with plenty of hot / cold and healthy options.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your kind words and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hotel in lovely location, but overpriced for facilities on offer. The hotel in general needs updating and the rooms refurbing, especially the bathrooms. Breakfast on Saturday morning was chaotic, items on the buffet ran out and there were very few staff in attendance. Drinks at the bar are overpriced even by hotel standards, we were so shocked by the cost of the round we queried it.

Room Tip: If they have a function on and you want to sleep before midnight request a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to call me on 01306 884 561 to discuss this further. With kind regards,