I booked to stay at the Burford Bridge as a special treat for my husband to celebrate his 50th birthday.
We were allocated the Keats Suite, which was supposed to be the best room in the hotel.
Unfortunately, as we approached our room a tray full of dirty half full glasses was left in the corridor outside of our room (the glasses remained there until late evening when we informed reception). Once we were in the room, we found the wardrobe door had fallen off, the voile curtains were hanging off, the waste bin in the bathroom had not been emptied and was still full of dirty tissues and hair. Finally there was only one dressing gown and one pair of slippers provided.
I have to say that the staff responded to our complaints with the utmost courtesy. But never the less I would rather have not had to have dealt with these issues, on what was supposed to be a very special occasion and did spoil our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Mercure Burford Bridge sits at the foot of Box Hill, with the Mole River running at the bottom of the spectaculargardens. With 57 en suite rooms, the hotel is ideal for visiting the historic town of Dorking and the scenic surroundings. Easilyaccessible via the M25, Junction 9, the hotel is 12 miles from London Gatwick Airport, 1 mile from Dorking train station. 2 AA Rosette winning restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge. 7 conference and banqueting rooms, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel Dorking, Surrey, UK