There are a few parts to this hotel; the original building has the more interesting rooms, according to the chap on the reception, whilst the ones in the annex are quieter. It should be noted that there is no lift in the building. Our rooms were in the annex and were clean and well presented. The bathroom was functional, although tired. We stayed in Dorking during the recent cold weather and the single pane metal frame windows ran with condensation. Dinner and breakfast were very good with excellent service. The only criticism of the restaurant for dinner was the lighting which was way too bright and detracted from the dining experience. I would certainly recommend this hotel for the location and would stay there again when I am next in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful old coaching inn with its old oak beams, open log fires and inviting lounge has 41 en suite rooms and is located in Dorking. Ideal for visiting Dorking and the surrounding picturesque villages and Chessington World of Adventures. Easily accessible via the M25, Dorking train station is 5 minutes away. The hotel also features the Coach House Restaurant, Bar and Lounge. Room service and parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Horse Hotel, Dorking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Horse Dorking Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Dorking
- The White Horse Hotel, Dorking Surrey, UK