“Don't be ripped off”
Review of Two to Four - CLOSED

Two to Four
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Where possible we get our produce from local suppliers. We all need to think about how we can reduce our carbon footprint; but more importantly is the fact that fresh produce that's in season tastes so much better. Of course it also means our menu is constantly changing, which is great for our customers. Diners can choose from Seasonal set Lunch and set Dinner menus along with our A La Carte menu, thus ensuring our diners can enjoy variety whilst enjoying really great food that is fresh and at its peak. Our meat & fish is as locally sourced as possible and we work really hard to find organic suppliers whenever we can. We think first-class cooking deserves first-class ingredients.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was very, very good (third visit for me) but it's exceedingly irritating to be told that a portion of (home-baked) bread would cost another £3.00 or so, each dish of chips or vegetables would be another £3.75 or so, and worst of all a glass of lime and soda was £3.40 (40p for a shot of lime!)

Most restaurants these days have dropped the 'cover charge' and offer a selection of good breads 'on the house'. Here the headline price for the steaks, at around £29, was reasonable for the quality, but this attempt to make more profit on the margins took the edge off the experience.

We must have been asked "And how is your meal" 5 or 6 times, they need to stop this.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love this restaurant and would rate it as one of my favourites. The restaurant is very simple and modern in it's interior and the staff are friendly without being intrusive. I love the fact they have taken into account that the recession has hit people and they introduced a set price menu to run along side their usual menu. Their food is always regularly reviewed, the menu changes with the seasons, presented beautifully and always delicious. The one thing I am glad they never change is their deep friend courgettes - yum!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Thank you to the manager, chefs and waitresses for a wonderful evening on my birthday! I ate at two to four with my mother and had a great time. The staff were very friendly and knew what they were doing, the food was amazing and the general atmosphere was warm and enjoyable. Thank you for a great evening Jill and Rob!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Having visited this restaurant previously we decided to try again. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with the lack of professionalism with all the staff, a young boy, who looked around 14, helped with coats and escorting to the table, not what you would expect on a Saturday evening, we appreciate he has to start somewhere but not in a fairly expensive restaurant on a Saturday evening, lunchtime maybe? The belly of pork was a small square slab, with a pretty picture of purees surrounding it, no real substance with tasteless pork. Very sorry to say we will not be returning even though we live very local - a pity.

3  Thank SweetheartSurrey
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My brother celebrated his 50th birthday on the 1st Feb 2014, and I myself celebrated mine 2 years ago. All I can say is the service was fantastic and the food was excellent. This restaurant is definitely the place to go should you want to celebrate something special - they certainly know how to look after you. We had a room to ourselves and they catered for 20 guests and helped decorate the room.

Thank you Jill for everything.