“The Red Lion,Woodbridge”

The Red Lion Woodbridge
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat - Drink - Relax From breakfast to lunch to dinner, The Red Lion goes out of its way to try and make your visit as comfortable relaxing but more importantly as enjoyable as possible. With a great selection of beers and wines to fresh locally sourced food cooked & prepped on site. We try our hardest to provide you with an experience worthy of your time and money.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had just arrived in Woodbridge was were hungry and thirsty. The Red Lion served us delicious sandwiches - we had BLT's which were very satisfying - pleasant service.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went on Sunday 22nd September with in laws. We had the roasts, turkey, and slow cooked lamb shank with trimmings, my partner had venison pie. The Lamb was superb, fell off the bone and delicious. The side dish of cauliflower cheese was very tasty and I could have my "lashings " of gravy. Thumbs up all round for the desserts of chocolate and caramel torte, apple pie & custard and cookie cup with ice cream. The only gripe is the desserts are a bit pricey but paid the £80 bill with £70 worth of Tesco vouchers so £10 for the odd balance and drinks is worth it !.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Popped in for a quick lunch when in the town, came across it at the end of the street. Had the plowmans and have to say it was ok. Beer was a bit flat but the service was great. If it is polished up a bit on the food side it will to me earn another star.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Im wondering if this pub has had new management in the last few weeks as I cant believe the earlier reviews this year. If a pint is what your after then a pint is what you get GREAT,,,,,but if you want food then I would advise that you eat what is on the menu. Ham egg and chips simple dish and would go well with a pint but im sorry if its not on the menu the Chef won't cook it strange when chips are on the menu, ham sandwiches are on the menu and a kitchen without eggs is not a kitchen than can cook. While im on a kitchen without the basics cheese is not in there either.
I hope my next visit will be better as I will give it another chance.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a friendly pub which offers one of the best roasts i have ever had. The meat was tender and the vegetables were seasonal and freshly cooked. You need to be prepared for a slight delay in the food being delivered to your table as food is cooked to order rather than kept hot. This is not a place to go if you are in a hurry and after fast food! Puddings cause a problem as it is so hard to choose between them and I love the idea of a hot pudding cooked freshly everyday. It is a pub, so orders are taken at the bar but after that everything is brought to you by friendly staff who can tellyou all you want to know about what the ingredients are in your dish and also give some details about how it is made: I've known expensive restaurants where staff are less knowledgeable. There is a real enthusiasm about the food, but i respect the way they are keeping a well stocked bar going and making people welcome who simply want a drink in friendly, traditional surroundings.
I'm already planning another visit.

1  Thank FreddieThamesValley