“An excellent pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been going to The Cherry Tree for many years, and can say that it has become even better since being taken over last year. The food is excellent, with a nice main menu and a lovely range of specials which change daily. The staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this pub to anyone.

1  Thank ami86

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have long been coming to the Cherry Tree. It is an old pub that has retained lots of its old features. In winter, two log fires are lit keeping it nice and warm. In summer there is a large beer garden to make use of. It changed owners early in 2012 and it is now even better. The staff are always warm and welcoming. There is always a great selection of beers and the food is lovely. There is a main menu and an extensive selection of specials. I have yet to find anything on the main menu or specials that I haven't liked and I've never had a bad experience at this pub, be it food, drink or staff. It is my favourite pub in Woodbridge.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been coming to this pub for well over 2 years and it has never disappointed me. Inside it retains a lot of the old features giving the place a lot of character.
First up they have 9 hand pumps serving 8 real ales, they have the usual Adnams on draught plus a nice selection of guest beers. What I particularly like is they seem to have Black Dog Mild on permanently which is great.
The food is generally of a very good standard at a reasonable price, there is their normal menu plus a selection of specials to choose from. The Cherry Tree Burger is always good especially with their Onion Rings! If you go for the burger ask if you can have it with the ciabatta roll they use for their vegetarian mushroom burger, much better. They also do a very nice selections of snacks and lighter meals, the sausage baguette is one of my favourites oh and don't forget a side order of their onion rings :)
The staff are very friendly and it has a number of 'locals' that prop the bar up for them.
Open fires round off the welcome and there is outside seating as well plus they have a disabled loo.

1  Thank GusGuzzler
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My birthday weekend trip to Sutton Hoo and Suffolk was topped by a more luck than judgement visit to The Cherry Tree. Driving round on the Saturday night heading out from Ipswich we came across this coaching inn and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our weekend. Excellent Adnam's beer, friendly clientele and bar staff, topped with really well cooked, incredible value food we would recommend this inn to anyone. Good food well cooked with portions to fill up even the hungriest person The Cherry Tree does not disappoint. We will be back to this inn next time we are in Suffolk.

1  Thank Boatman96
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went there with a local resident who had not eaten at the Pub before but had heard good things about it.

The pub was almost empty on a Thursday lunchtime. I struggled to find something on the menu that I fancied - so did my friend. I went for the home made cod and dill fishcakes, she went for the bacon and lentle soup and the nachos with bolognaise sauce.

The fishcakes came up looking like a load of salmon and potatoe on the plate. I don't like salmon fishcakes so I sent them back only to be told it was cod but there was a lot of tomato puree in them. They were not cooked properly so I had an alternative of plain old fish and chips which were fine.

My friend said her soup was very unpleasant. I tried it. I make this soup at home and it is delicious. Don't know what they did wrong. The soup was untouched and when we paid, we mentioned the inedible soup but it was not taken off the bill.

Will not visit again.