“The Best Place you will find to eat in Suffolk by far”

The Froize Freehouse Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: David Grimwood's delightful Free-house Restaurant, serving delicious rustic food in a rather charming, slightly old fashioned way!
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Another lovely evening at The Froize the food was amazing as usual wonderful friendly staff and great atmosphere just a wonderful experience all round, you wont be disappointed if you go here.

Froizeland, Owner at The Froize Freehouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thanks for your kind revue.

Hearing what you have to say makes all the hard work, especially from my fabulous staff, all worth while.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

A wonderful homely atmosphere
The greeting was warm
The food was outstanding
The service was slick

Can't fault this lovely establishment .

Do try this gem !

Froizeland, Owner at The Froize Freehouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely review.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had Sunday lunch with my Father today at Froize. I would have given this restaurant 2.5 stars, but was not fair to give 2, but was close.
We had heard much about this restaurant, all good, so thought we would give it a try.
The staff were very good and very helpful.
Food wise, my Father had the venison pie, which he said was good, but no better than he had had at other places locally. There was a good mix of veg and the roasts spuds looked great and were if you had false teeth, for the first time ever they were a little too crunchy.
The bad part. Im vegetarian, very poor selection, I had what could only be described as mushrooms in a creamy bland sauce. This should never have been served as a main dish, especially for £16.00.
We dont mind paying for our food, but considering what could only be classed as a carvery £16 per person is way over priced and the food was not outstanding flavour wise or quality wise.
I and my father were very disappointed in the food and very sorry to say, we will not be travelling a 55 mile round trip again to visit there.

3  Thank Linda P
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Paid a visit here. They have a queer ordering system which is ok. We were two people and they stuck us in the isle on a tiny table, most embarrassing felt as though we were on show so won;t be going back.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We always come to the Froize Resturant when visiting an family friend, Daphne Taylor, who lives nearby.

The food is excellent and yes it is not cheap but you are paying for quality. I had the Pork Schnitzel today and previously had stuffed grouse breast with redcurrants both dishes were cooked to perfection and excellent with all the vegetable choices.

The pudding menu is to dye for :)

Only wish I lived nearer so could visit more often.

Will be back next year many thanks for a lovely meal and excellent service from the staff.

Lindsay and her Mum Frances.