“excellent lunch”

The Dennington Queen
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“excellent lunch”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

had lunch here last week and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. i had the risotto which was superb, just right and so tasty. my son had the pork belly which was served in a round and was soft and he loved it. the place is very oldy worldy and the service was very efficient. will be going back again soon as it is the best lunch I have had in a while locally.

• Visited November 2012

Saxmundham
“Overall good”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the QH yesterday for Sunday lunch. It was very busy, always a good sign. The premises are nicely fitted out and very clean and tidy. Staff young and polite and helpful.

The meal, overall, was very good - particularly the main course and dessert. The major disappointment was the starter which at £5.25 was fine in content but abysmally small. A great shame and something that should really be addressed.

The litmus test - would we go back? Yes, but, (management) please look at the size of the starters which are miniscule in size for the price and spoil the meal.

• Visited November 2012
Ipswich
“Not as good as it looks!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have recently moved in to the village as my partner has lived here for a number of years. We have eaten here probably 6 times in the last year and every time something just isn't quite right. The building and tables look great and the open fires are fab when it's cold, but the service is inconsistent. The staff seem poorly trained and lacking in confidence. One needed to ask for help to split a tenner into 2 fives... They for the most part are friendly enough but we rarely see the same person twice.
And the food is ok. It's not as good as it thinks it is - I have had undercooked salmon which we sent back, a well done steak that was beyond crispy and mostly 'average' meals overall. It isn't awful and I don't think it's ridiculously overpriced, but it is a bit of a 'cant be bothered to cook' option rather than a 'fancy a nice meal out' option in our house.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Have eaten here several times in the past couple of years and always commented how good it was. Alas this time not so. Can't really put my finger on why. I started with the haddock and sweet potato riotto which was just o.k. apart from the accompanying sauce (mainly for decoration) which was extremely hot (spicy hot). For my main I chose the penne pasta with sweet potato and Gorgonzola. For me it wasn't served hot enough and the Gorgonzola was overpowering. My husband chose the prawns for his starter and he said it looked better than it actually was. For his main he chose whole sea bass wrapped in paper which he said was o.k. It was fairly busy but have seen it a lot busier and the food a lot better. Sorry. At £60 for two people it isn't cheap.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“quick excellent supper”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate here with friends at the last minute as other arrangements has gone awry. Our welcome was warm and the service and food were excellent in every way. if we were local, it would definitely be a regular place to eat and drink. The fish (it was 'fish week') was locally sourced and superbly cooked. We will definitely revisit when next in east Anglia.

• Visited October 2012